Poll

Hi Point Pistols & Carbines

Option one. YES, I want this forum and WILL post to it once opened.
14 (56%)
Option two: NO, I will not support or post to this forum even if it's opened.
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: April 03, 2008, 12:46:51 PM

Author Topic: Hi Point Firearms  (Read 5172 times)

Offline jdwolf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Hi Point Firearms
« on: December 30, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
What is your opinion of Hi Point Firearms? Are they a good value for the money?
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Hi Point Firearms
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:12:49 AM »
Wrong forum. This is to request a new forum. Use the GBO polls section or the a handgun forum. Ohh yeah I like hi points. Great value for the money. Get a global mod or a administrator to move it for you.

The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »
I owned one of their 9mm semi autos,after about 500 rounds it started firing when I dropped the slide,VERY DANGEROUS,the sporting goods dstore gave me a refund and quit carrying them after several returns for various reasons,i would say they are dangerous junk IMO
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »
Wrong forum. This is to request a new forum. Use the GBO polls section or the a handgun forum. Ohh yeah I like hi points. Great value for the money. Get a global mod or a administrator to move it for you.

Yes I know. I am requesting a Hi Point Firearms forum.
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »
Ohh ok.  ;D I voted yes then.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »
If you would like to start a new forum. It must be started with a poll. You can do this here but you must start a poll. If and when you get 12 votes and would like to moderate it. It will get going. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »
Please read and understand the rules!!!!!!! If you want a new forum this is what you will have to do. Dale              http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,113598.0.html
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »
I voted yes. I might just buy one of these this summer. Dale

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »
I'm very concerned that EVEN with the new rule and even tho it very plainly asks is you'll really use the new forum that folks are still voting just to help someone get a forum they want....BUT.... which they will never use.

Darn few even since this seem to be used once started.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 10:23:19 AM »
Yes, I'll use the forum. I'll even moderate it if that's ok. :)

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 06:42:34 PM »
I voted no because of this site.

http://www.hipointtalk.com/

...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 06:56:07 PM »
I voted no because of this site.

http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php

This site is one reason I voted yes. They seem to have a following like the NEF forum here. Dale

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »
Sure do.

Rick

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »
I owned one of their 9mm semi autos,after about 500 rounds it started firing when I dropped the slide,VERY DANGEROUS,the sporting goods dstore gave me a refund and quit carrying them after several returns for various reasons,i would say they are dangerous junk IMO
The sporting goods store gave you a refund after you had fired 500 rounds through one of their guns? What model did you have? You say the sporting goods store you bought your Hi Point at quit carrying them after several returns for various reasons? Can you be more specific? Your claims sound kind of hogwash to me.  All Hi Point firearms carry a lifetime warranty regardless of whether or not you were the original buyer or bought it secondhand.  You could have sent it back to the factory for FREE repairs.  Hi Point also reimburses you for postage on returns-for-repairs by giving you a FREE magazine/clip or two. 

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 10:47:58 AM »
I have actually looked for this forum on here because I had questions about them and after seeing there warranty jdwolf gave I have no reason not to get one now.  They are very popular around here right now.

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »
I have (2) Hi Point firearms. I have the Model 995, 9mm carbine and the Model C9 9mm pistol, both are excellent weapons!  I feel comfortable using either as a personal defense weapon and enjoy shooting them at the range.  ;D

Offline Dank

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »
i voted yes. i have the 995 carbine. Great ugly fun gun to shoot.

Offline Guy Pike

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 04:33:19 AM »
I own the 40S&W carbine and pistol as well as a 9mm carbine. Lost two screws from the 40 carbine. Called to order 2 more and the guy said: "Our products have a lifetime warranty and sent me three screws free! No problems for me after 4 years and thousands of rounds. With a more potent caliber a determined group of citizens could take back their country from a corrupt government!   
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 06:39:02 AM »
ive owned the pistols  45 an 9 i still got the carbine  and its a blast , very reliable an accurate ,  any problem they will fix it , no  problems

Offline CajunBass

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 04:24:06 AM »
Hi-Points are what they are.  A better than expected sub $200.00 gun. 

A couple of years ago I bought one of the 9mm, C-9's to see if they were as bad as "everyone" said they were.  After putting a couple thousand rounds through it, I'd say they're not.  I had maybe a half dozen malfunctions, and four of those were from the same box of "range reloads."   If I can hit a target with one, anyone can.

They're not Glocks, Sigs, Colts or anything else.  They are what they are, and that's not bad.

Offline Lazermule

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 03:18:51 AM »
I own 4 of them 2 pistols and 2 carbines and they have been great.  Many 1000's of trouble free rounds.
LAZERMULE

If I would have asked the people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse....-Henry Ford

Offline Rex in OTZ

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »
Yes I think they are worth checking out!
I had came by a 995 in bad shape It needed a barrel and bolt work I called the service folks wanting parts
well I dident get that,I got so much more!
A landlord was cleaning out a rental lots of junk and just stuff abandoned buy a dead beat renter
long story short I ended up with a new 995 that had been shot useing some bad hand loads and had blown the end the case off removing the extractor claw and leaving the forward section of catrridge case in the chamber (swelled)
I contacted the service dept the lady said they would fix the gun, I said I dident buy the gun she replied that didnt matter, I told her it was damaged by defective handloaded ammo she said that dident matter the fire arm had a lifetime warrenty and that they had even replaced one thatwas in a house fire.
I maild it to BeeMiller Corp (postage $14.73) they returned it brand new with 2 mags and scope mount and sling "Free" so in the end I got a new 995 for $14.73!!!
so far it has digested every kind of factory ammo (FMJ.trunucatedcone, hollow points) it has been a real performer, I didnet like the stock and traded up to a ATI stock, I like it and recomend the 995.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 05:57:43 AM »
What is your opinion of Hi Point Firearms? Are they a good value for the money?

There handguns leave a lot to be desired, been down that road and will never buy another. But the carbine I have, works great.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline kitchawan kid

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 06:20:23 AM »
Carbine works great,many rounds with no problems,but if you reload they do dent up the cases and you can feed them anything.
N.R.A. life member
N.Y.S.R&P
PUTNAM FISH &GAME ASS.
RAMAPOO RIFLE AND REVOLVER

cowboy action,hunting,target-1911's rule

Offline hobbles

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 01:32:22 AM »
Mornin Boys,
I got me a c9 and had problems with it. Now I could of sent it back to the mother ship and they would of fixed it for free and sent me a new mag, but I like to fix my gear my self. So here is my story.
(copied)

I think this would be called FTF? I can go through a few rounds then it will hang up. Should I take it apart and file down the back of the barrel so they will slid in easier?
The clip {mag} is out in this picture and it still won't go in, I even moved the shell around a bit.

So far so good, When do the parts start flying?

Heck, that part was easy.

Oh ya, I found where it was hangin up, it's fixed, ( I think)

It didn't take much with my gun files. Now the shells slide in smooth. pic

What a difference that made!! I think my weapon was put together on a Friday at 3:25 pm. It's S M O O T H   now..
........ "Fear nothin but God"
"You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." ~ John Quincy Adams