Author Topic: field report  (Read 350 times)

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
field report
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:10:59 AM »
well i took the 20 gauge out this morning, tried to score some rabbits. they werent any to be seen, but a few partridges and i crossed paths.
 #6 remington shot, my 20 gauge pardner,  the bird sat roosted in a old pine tree, until it flared and was ready to fly off. my shotgun broke the morning silence,
the bird  hardly got 2 feet from the tree. nice sized bird,  its in the oven now, its gonna be a good lunch. the NEF is a proven game getter..
glenn

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: field report
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »
Glenn

Nice shooting , bunnies around here are getting few and far between , lots of pray birds and yotes these days are keeping the rabbit numbers down state wide . i do miss the high school days were a bunch of us could go on a sat . morning and limit out .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:22:30 AM »
i walk a creek, about 3 miles, crossed on the beaver dam and walked back the other side, the sun was out, no wind and it was really nice outdoors.
saw lots of old tracks, last year, i limited out, this year only day old tracks.
so i left and went to a new spot, a hunting range just moved it, they have hogs, deer and elk. after looking at the elk and hogs, i parked and walked in behind the old apple orchard next to the farm house thats now the game ranch office. walked back a hundred yards or so, there were more old bunny tracks and fresh partridge tracks.
they were walking in under the pines that lined the apple trees, so i walked in among the trees and caught a nice plum bird roosting..
you know the rest of the story..it was a good afternoon..we dont seem to have any of the game animals like we used too, but i appreciate the ones i do get alot more, and i take the time to enjoy the time in the woods and fields more now then i ever have.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »
Nice going glen-thats what its all about enjoying the time outdoors.
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us