Author Topic: Seacoast Artillery  (Read 629 times)

Offline Artilleryman

• Trade Count: (0)
Seacoast Artillery
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »
Nice article about Seacoast Artillery in The Artilleryman Magazine that came today.
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: Seacoast Artillery
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:59:10 PM »
So where can we get reprints or a copy?

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline lance

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:04:01 PM »
 of all the times for my subscription to run out! actually been about two years.........anyway i want a copy too!
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 08:25:16 AM »
     Artilleryman,  we couldn't agree more.  We were shocked to see that Peter and Kathryn Jorgensen used almost every picture we provided, plus a couple of their own.  To say that Mike and I are pleased is the understatement of the millennium!  We almost needed Cat Wisperer's GPS gadget to find The Artilleryman office on a mountain top in Vermont.  Absolutely incredible views of the lush, green Vermont mountains and valleys spread out in all directions.  The Jorgensens and the Artilleryman staff were very cordial and friendly; we really enjoyed our visit.  At the beginning of the article in the Editor's Note, Peter wrote this preface:

" Editor's note:  During the summer Tracy Kunze and Michael Couture visited our Vermont office.
    They were on the road from their homes in Colorado, showing the functional and accurate scale
    cannon they produce as Seacoast Artillery Company.  The men worked in quality assurance in the
    aerospace, aircraft and computer industries.  They met in 1976 at a Colorado School of Trades
    gunsmithing school where they built and shot a variety of target rifles and small cannon."

If you want to get a copy, or, better yet, start a subscription, at only $18 per year, The Artilleryman magazine can be found at the following address and phone no.:

Historical Publications
                                     234 Monarch Hill Road
                                     Tunbridge, VT  05077         
                                     Phone:  1 (800) 777-1862   

They also publish the excellent newspaper, The Civil War News, which has more good info. on this subject than any other publication that we have every read. 

Almost forgot!  Pretty soon Bill Graham, (Graybeard), will have to start paying Mike and I for our GBO traveling salesman gig.  Just below is the blurb we managed to get in the current issue of the Artilleryman magazine.  Just think of all that money; maybe we could even make more than the moderators do!!!  Mike is looking up 28 foot, 350 h.p. boats as I type this.

"Readers interested in the rifling machine
                                                                          can find 15 pages of photos and text at
                                                                          www.gbocannons.com, "How to Make a
                                                                          Rifling Machine, A to Z.""

Regards,

Tracy and Mike

Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling