Author Topic: Supressed AR  (Read 506 times)

Offline Dogshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Supressed AR
« on: January 04, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
I am planning on buying another AR and I want this one to have a supressor. I am familiar with the $200 fee to get a supressor but what I want to know is if any of you guys know if you can buy a new AR with a supressor already installed? Do any manufacturers offer this kind of upgrade? I don't mind jumpin through the federal hoops but it would sure make the acquisition a lot easier if I can find one to buy already set up.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Supressed AR
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 06:49:50 PM »
Even tho it seems not to be widely known that just happens to be a real specialty area for one of our Sponsors SSK Industries. When most people think of them they think of TCs but in reality ARs and Suppresors are a larger part of their over all business than TCs. Check with them and I suspect you can find what you want.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline targshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Supressed AR
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 03:52:04 AM »
Check out this site. The US military and special ops use this very system. It is patented and represents state of the art for you who want suppression.
http://www.armstechltd.com/
The suppression system can be purchased with their firearms or installed on any AR platform.