Author Topic: America's secret militia......  (Read 674 times)

Offline Nightstalker6117

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
America's secret militia......
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »
Just some reading I heard about....    http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htmurph/articles/20080108.aspx   ...   just figured i would let yall in to see what you think
NEF 25-06 3x9x40 Bushy
Support the men and women that risk their lives for your rights

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: America's secret militia......
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 08:47:30 AM »
I believe the following statement, which may be attributed to the discredited liberal left wing anti-gun college professor who's name escapees me at present, has been shown to be untrue:

"In the late 18th century, only about ten percent of American families possessed a firearm, usually a musket or shotgun."

....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
I remember reading that also but I too cannot remember his name.  Other historians basically said that just the opposite is true, that only about 10% of American families did not own a gun.   Guns were considered to be essential tools used for harvesting game and for protection from predators, both the two and four legged varieties. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:54:48 PM »
I believe that was Lott, the discredited writer about guns.  He made up his "statistics"/
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline Chilachuck

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
Lott made up the "98% zero shot stop" statistic, and that's it. Nobody (not even the grabbers) questioned it until they noticed that he originally said "95%",

Major bad guy, Arthur Kellermann, is given a sympathetic entry in Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Kellermann

He refused to release his data or tell anyone his procedures for several years. The Wiki article says he is not required to by some outfit he was working with, but any scientist or researcher who refused to release data and procedures has no credibility in the science community. No matter what his funding source claims. His work on this subject has been debunked.

This one is a flat out liar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_A._Bellesiles

Michael A. Bellesiles

Michael A. Bellesiles is a former professor of American colonial history at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. After writing the award-winning but immediately controversial book, Arming America: The Origins of a National Gun Culture (2000), Bellesiles was investigated by Emory University for possible "research misconduct." He resigned his professorship in October 2002, and the Bancroft Prize of Columbia University, earlier awarded the book, was rescinded.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 12:23:30 AM »
Bellesiles is the guy I was thinking of that twisted history.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC