Author Topic: Tonight's debate...  (Read 460 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Tonight's debate...
« on: January 10, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »

Not being committed to any candidate yet, I think I can observe the debate in a bit more detached manner than someone that is committed. so here's how I see it went

Scored points:

McCain

Thompson

Huckabee

Did not gain and may have lost some :

Romney

Paul

Biggest gainer (IMHO)..Thompson   Enough to propel him to a win ? Donno..but he scored some big points..

Huckabee had highest scoring answer (over the top) when he explained how the confrontation in the strait of Hormuz should have been handled..

Conversely, according to Luntz, Paul scored lowest Luntz has ever recorded (below the bottom), when he answered the same question.  Not favoring one or the other..just quioting Luntz and the electronic scoring chart he displayed.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline m1aman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Tonight's debate...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
deleted to preserve some peoples temper

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:04:05 AM »
I would agree IG.  Thompson FINALLY showed some desire to actually win.  If Mitt can't score a win I don't believe he is long for this world.  RP, to quote one news report, "continues to be the whipping boy".  Rudy should have run as a Dem or Independent.  McCain won't make it - also too liberal.

Ultimately I see Thompson and Huckabee being the top two, but don't have a feel for who will emerge victorious in that state.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 03:53:48 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, RP has been in Washington as a congressman for quite a while.  If the people of Texas are willing, maybe he'll be there for a while longer, but it won't ever be as President.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 04:32:42 AM »
TM7;

"Mr Smith" of course, was a movie..but I will admit that Ron Paul does have an excellent domestic policy;
  probably tops or close to tops of all the candidates.
     I believe what hurts him is the perception of his inclination toward isolationism. You will note that he recorded the lowest
  score ever by Luntz, when he answered a critical international conduct question.

Unfair as it seems, he hurts in his bland, lackluster presentation. Perhaps you and I can see through to the facts..but many folks are Madison Ave. conditioned.
  Until this debate, Fred Thompson tried to get through by quiet intellectualism..but now that he has shown some "pizazz" and passion..his stock has risen.
  Paul would do a great job on any internal US policy he tackles..health care, education, enviromentalism, secy interior, immigration, small business etc..
   ..But not international affairs or dept of defense.... ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)