Author Topic: the thing I apreciate obout graybeards forums  (Read 680 times)

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
the thing I apreciate obout graybeards forums
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
I read a lot of outdoor forums I see an alarming trend in most of them that I don't like.
I don't see that trend here and I apreciate it .
Alot of new or young  shooters/hunters find a forum on the line of interest. they are looking for help and advice  so they register and ask a question. can I_________? can I hunt with a surplus rifle or single shot or this muzzle loader? or help with any of the above   You can about bet some _______ [you can fill in the blank] jumps in with if you ain't got the latest/greatest rifle that shoot 3 miles or a shotgun that holds XXX shells or some custom muzzleloader that cost $1000's  you might as well stay on the couch  or you don't have as nice of a gun as I do how dare you even show up on my forum that attitude is not the norm here  you ask a question here and someone will honestly try to help you It is refreshing
 Thanks
Roy 
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Re: the thing I apreciate obout graybeards forums
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 09:25:38 AM »
I too have seen this on other forums. I know some about shooting, casting and reloading. Am not a guru in any of the categories. Every once in a while I see a little p---ing  in the wind start and it usualy gets stopped quickly. For all the knowlage I think I have, have learned a lot on GBO forum. Have only been with the group 4 yrs, but have bought and sold and given away stuff. I manage to get on the forum 3 or 4 times a day, unless out shooting or FISHING. Glad to see the Boss running a tight ship.

Gun Runner

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:41:24 AM »
I agree this is my favorite forum on the web.Mr G.B. err Graybeard runs a tight ship,and my hats off to him for that.Oh there is p---ing contest here,but they don't last too long,really overall a GREAT bunch here,and even the ones you may disagree with will turn around and help you out when needed.Yep great bunch here and it comes from the top!!
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline plumberroy

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:43:45 PM »
there might be a p------ng contest here or there but even then it is among regulars
I have never seen any one here put down a newbie or his gun because its not up to our  standards the people here help beginers they don't put them down that is what good here
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Brett

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 02:36:00 AM »
It's a lot like a family here. We may pick at each other from time to time but we always treat guest with respect. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 02:58:16 AM »
  Amen Guys;

GB outdoors is where I spend most of my web time..

One thing I always remember when I see the rude, know-it-all treatment by some folks..is a phrase my old Daddy taught me;

" When you're green, you're growing..about the time you figure you're fully ripe; that's when you're already turning rotten !"
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Brett

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 07:30:02 AM »
 " When you're green, you're growing..about the time you figure you're fully ripe; that's when you're already turning rotten !"

Lot's of wisdom in those words for sure ironglow.    No matter how much we know (or think we know) there is always someone out there that knows a little more.  Often times it's the individual I figured least likely to have that knowledge.   :-[
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 05:56:28 AM »
This is a great place, i spend lots of time here, never seen a question go unanswered
no matter how trivial one person thinks it is everyone seems to realize it is important to
the person that ask it. Seems like everyone goes out of their way to help new comers.
Some times i wish they had not helped me so much with those Handi rifles, had none
when i got here a year ago now i have 5. and always looking for more.  ::)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »
   Handiholicism..strikes again...! ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 04:08:10 AM »
Glad to see the Boss running a tight ship.
Gun Runner

Ditto!

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 05:36:39 AM »
I agree GBO is a friendly place  I enjoy it a bunch.  there must be a 1000 years of gun experience here . and it's shared  this has become the only forum I go to regularly.  Thanks to Bill and Thanks to those that read this even the ones that don't

Bob
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.