Author Topic: NEW Knight Shadow Break Action  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: NEW Knight Shadow Break Action
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
Heck I didn't like the vision but this one now I like the way it looks. Anything else new? I hope they have this one in Stainless and have a better Ram Rod.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 06:57:55 PM »
Busta I sold another KP1 about a week ago. As soon as they hit the shelves they sell. Haven't been having to help out at the shop since but I wonder if they got anymore in. Ill be looking out for this one.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 01:35:53 AM »
Says black anodized receiver with stainless steel internal parts. Cabelas only lists it in black/blue, so I don't think they come in stainless.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:17:51 AM »
Sounds good to me. Ill keep an eye out for reviews.

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »
Knight finally made a rifle that I don't care too much for.  Never thought that it was going to happen.  It just looks a little funky to me for some reason.  I like the Vision's looks better.  Knight ramrods get the job done, barely.  The Power Rods are much better, but I guess that T/C bought the rights to manufacture them, because that's the only ones I see now.  Since then, the prices have gone up about $10.  Knight used to sell them, but they are listed as discontinued, and they only have the 22" and 27" on the website now.

Offline TMP47

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 10:34:08 AM »
Don't care for the knights ramrods. I have 4 knights and changed all to the power rods. Also had a vision and shot like a knight but didnt quit fit me so I sold it. The shadow will prolly take the place of the vision based on price. I think I will wait and see if It takes off and comes out in stainless and different stocks.  Kerry

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »
I have too replaced my ram rods after one broke out in the field. I replaced it with the power rods when they were still available.

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »
T/C does offer a Power Rod that is cut to length, but I want to see one to see if it's a solid rod or a hollow one.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 12:18:48 PM »
Hollow. It has an insert you put it so you can attach ram rod accessory's. It may be solid part of the way and then go to hollow but I be live its all hollow.

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »
Oh, I was hoping it would be solid for a good part of the rod, at least.  Is it stiffer than the Knight factory rods?  I guess that I could always buy a few of the longer Power rods from Knight and keep them around, then cut them to length and drill & tap them.  That way I am good to go when I get my Green Mtn. 45-120 Limited's with the 20" barrel.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
Its about the same as I can tell but I haven't used one but just held it. I would get the ones from Knight and go that route.

Rick

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 06:41:29 AM »
That way I am good to go when I get my Green Mtn. 45-120 Limited's with the 20" barrel.

kyelkhunter3006,

Did you mean GM 54-120?
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 10:08:21 AM »
Yep Busta, that's what I meant.  Hard to type the right thing when you are being attacked by a 3 yr old Spiderman and 6 yr old Venom!   :D

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »
Sounds fun. :)

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »
Oh yeah, I wouldn't trade it for anything.   :)

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »
Yep Busta, that's what I meant.  Hard to type the right thing when you are being attacked by a 3 yr old Spiderman and 6 yr old Venom!   :D

;D
Enjoy it while you can, my Ninja Turtle is 21 and Little Mermaid is 18. Both in college, and it sure gets quiet around here anymore. :'(
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member