Author Topic: Rare concealable guns and their value?  (Read 958 times)

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
Rare concealable guns and their value?
« on: January 15, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »
I have a nice Casull's improvement Freedom Arms revolver in .22 LR.  I have only seen one other of the same type in decades of going to gunshows and gunshops.  I bought the gun new in 1984 and it is a small framed (very small) .22 LR five shot stainless steel gun, single action.  It was carried, but kept in a wool half sock and well oiled, so it is in like-new condition.  It is similar to the NAA mini revolver.

The problem with the gun is you have to carry it with the hammer on an empty cylinder for safety, making it a 4 shooter.  The stainless steel might be soft (stainless was not very durable for guns in the early 80's) as there is a small indentation on the hammer face from hitting the firing pin, despite limited use.  I would shoot it once every 2-3 years, putting around 15 rounds through it per visit, on average.

I thought it would be worth alot of money over time but the other one I saw was only going for $140.00, but that was 20 years ago. 

I checked some of the online gun auctions and man, there are some rare Casull guns fetching big bucks out there.  A rare Casull model CA-2000 was going for $850.00 and a rifle for $15,000.00.

Was thinking of selling it as my new NAA mini revolver holds 5 shots of .22 mag. more safely.  Does anyone else have a gun like this?  How about some other now rare small framed guns, in value?

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rare concealable guns and their value?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:16:24 AM »
I disassembled one and threw it away.
it was a .22 mag and was difficult to hold and fire.
I didn't give it away because I was afraid someone
would hurt themselves with it. The only "Improvement"
I saw was the front sight was ground off. It was useless anyway
so why not grind it off. It is probably still somewhere in the compost
pit. Stainless lasts for a while.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline phalanx

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:27:34 PM »
I bought a few hand guns in the 80s ,and they were not that high back then because they could be replaced .
H&K P7 ,back then , $320.00 ,now used $1200.00
Colt Detective SP. about the same.
now they are safe Queens ,afraid of them getting stolen ,  or have to use them in a CCW incident and the police get them and you never get them back .
I have seen that happen.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline S.S.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:31:25 AM »
my last post made me curious. I have since found the hammer, frame, sideplate,cylinder, and the cylinder rod
from that old mini revolver. still in perfect condition. durable steel I guess
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Robert357

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »
OK, I collect pre end of WW1 32Auto's.   I have an FN1900, FN1910, FN1903(9mm Browning long with a bushing converted to 380Auto), A bunch of different german 32 Autos (Walthers, Dreyse, etc.), French MAB, Savage, and a bunch of Colt 1903's (Type I, Type II and Type III).

All of them except the FN 1903 are very, very concealable.  Almost all of them shoot.  Only the FN1910, the French MAB, the Walters, the Savage and the Colt 1903's would I trust in a carry situation and even then, I would probably opt for my newest (Type III) Colt 1903.

Most of these old (close to 90 to 100 year old handguns are very concealable and yet their value ranges from $100 to $500.