Author Topic: Chinese Navy Confronts Kitty Hawk  (Read 1984 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Chinese Navy Confronts Kitty Hawk
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »
Before retiring I witnessed combat boots being issued to U.S. Air Force personnel that were made in China.  What the hell is our leaders thinking,  can you imagine buying from Hitler?

Newsmax.com - Chinese Navy Confronted USS Kitty Hawk

Keep going to Wal Mart and buying that CHEAP Chinese CRAP and fund their war machine and political stature and then when the big bang comes and you are without a home, family, Govt. and Country go to WalMart and beg them for a loaf of bread.  (better do it in Chinese or Spanish)

Pass this on

Offline skifastchad

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
Re: Chinese Navy Confronts Kitty Hawk
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:51:27 AM »
The truth is that we owe China about 5 Trillion Dollars.  And we keep borrowing hundreds of billions to pay for a war that China has no interest in.  They don't need Iraq's oil, they have free oil for YEARS coming from Venezuela as payment for cash loans.

The Hong Kong docking incident was miscommunication.  The navy has to request docking permission 30 days in advance, and Beijing has to reply yes or no 5 days in advance.  There was no reply and the captain assumed no news was good news.  China did approve the docking request, but it was too late, the ship had already turned around headed back to Japan.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 05:07:53 PM »
5 trillion? Try 50 trillion and growing dailey. Between China and Japan, 58 trillion dollars and growing. Our government is borrowing it and giving it away as fast as the printing press can print it.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Guy Pike

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:06:55 AM »
Government debt always intrigues me. Considering that neither Russia or China has ever paid back their debts from WWll how much does that equal with the interest? How do the Chinese collect their money from us if we default? Nuking us to oblivion would sure be terrible but then they are left with an uninhabitable waste land with no money and no way to get the people over here either! I must educate my self in the ways of international finace so I can understand the inner workings and hidden mechanisms of such things.
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 01:22:25 AM »
Guy Pike, there is no real mystery here concerning our government date. It is easy to understand. It is called. TAX AND SPEND. Your great grandchildren can pay the debt they (our government)  have currently incurred, and are continuing to incur. To date, China OWNS, most of the home mortgages (around 71%) that they BOUGHT from U.S. financiers, and Japan owns much of what was left over in that dept (around 20%). In other words, should China and Japan CALL IN the bad debt, your neighbor could be Chinese, or Japanese. Your government has sold you out, thru the Federal Reserve, which is not federal at all, but privately owned.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 01:39:52 AM »
40 or 45% of everything China makes goes to the U.S.  If we stopped immediately trading with them, they would have massive unemployment.  It however is only about 10-15% of everything we import, value wise.  About 60% of what we import value wise is oil.  It is very complicated now.  If our housing market collapses, the dollar is devalued, then imported items are much higher.  China does not let their currency float.  They keep it at a fixed value, which keeps their products cheap on foreign markets.  I think we need to do the following.

1. Have a massive plan to stop importing oil, even if it takes 15-20 years to implement.  This would drastically stop the trade deficit drain.  Also, home grown energy industry provides good home grown jobs

2. Require all government purchase, Fed, state, and local, be 100% American made products, especially military.  This would bring quite a bit of industry back home.  Again providing good home grown manufacturing jobs. 

3. These good jobs will in turn provide benefits like health care to workers and their families. 

I think then we can begin to get back to the America we once knew. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:29:27 AM »
it would have been a lose / lose situation for us to have demanded payment for WW2 as we could not have invaded either country and got anything worth the debt . as was the same with England , France etc
we can only hope our lenders feel the same toward us and don't invade !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:53:03 AM »
TM7, you are accused of conspiricy theories constantly, and I too have been guilty of dismissing you theories, HOWEVER, you are dead on with your last post concerning the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. It was the beginning of the end for our currency, and that is coming to fruition. The housing market has already collapsed by the way.

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 03:52:41 AM »
So, if the housing market has collapsed, and since the Chinks own a whole lot of paper on those houses, doesn't that mean they've lost a ton of money? 
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 05:21:25 AM »
it means we are working 4 day instead of 5 and can't go to wally world and spend much on chineese junk goods !

Offline rk4570

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 06:55:36 AM »
TM7 & ALL........

This thing about the war spending has really got me worried. Couple that with the voter fraud issues
and I think its a done deal for American Middle Class.

I dont have a lot of facts on these issues so what do you guys think?  
I spent a lot of money on Guns, Wild Horses & Wilder Women but I guess I just wasted all the rest!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 07:01:08 AM »
anyone say green tea party ?

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »
I don't know much about these things, but have heard China and Japan are buying
American companies also, how long does it take them to buy us out, and just close these companies.
What if we put a tax on every thing they ship hear to make it equal if not more
expensive as U.S. made.
WE have all grown used to buying the cheap chinese stuf, then it will not be cheaper, and we will have to pay more, but will maby get our country back.
It won't work to say i am not going to buy their stuff because not every one will stop.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 11:24:07 AM »
rex6666, what you have just suggested is EXACTLY what Ron Paul suggested on Glen Beck show the other night. Get rid of the IRS, go to a flat tax, and tax ALL IMPORTS into the country, and QUIT BORROWING MONEY FROM CHINA.

Offline Guy Pike

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »
So Dee, how do you suppose our Chinese masters will deal with the Mexicans who just walk across our border?
You can't beat a Cerberus!

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 04:46:59 AM »
I am no longer concerned about war with China. They are simply going to buy us with our own money.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 02:17:30 AM »
ya'll might want to check history , Americans own very little of America and never have !
the beef industry that made the cowboy necessary and is the picture of America was always owned by the British !
the timber industry for a long time Japanese ! Steel has always had offshore backing .what we had to offer was a good market , now we have competition as other markets open up as to who is willing to spend more to get what they want !

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 03:09:15 AM »
In many ways SHOOTALL you are correct, but I believe that 1913 was the turning point for this nation economically, when we allowed a PRIVATE BANK better know as THE FEDERAL RESERVE take over our monetary system, set our interest rates, and GO OFF THE GOLD AND SILVER STANDARD. Our money since then is nothing more than a "promissory note".

Offline magooch

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 03:59:49 AM »
So that would make our currency worthless--right?  I will do everyone here a favor and dispose of this worthless paper.  Just send all you have to me and I'll take care of it.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 04:03:05 AM »
Dee you and others are correct in many ways , consider that the value of the USA  to other countries is our ability to wage war and protect them or buy their product thus they invest here . Would this explain our failure to protect US goods or our desire to jump into wars all over the globe with little to be gained by us for doing either ?
add the fact that we own little ourselves and the decline of our economy is assured with a world market as we are seeing rise up !
look at it this way with little expenditure on old Ben L's part , look at the finical mess we are in . one not so easy to stop !
only a fool would believe he did not plan this as we are so predictable ! we are using up our military supplies to dangerous levels also , it might take alot less than we think to push us into depression and who will help us ?

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 06:29:41 AM »
PRECISELY SHOOTALL! I have been saying this for a long time, and most Americans are BLIND to the fact. I have three long time banker friends that I continue to do business with. Occasionally (once a year or so) I will ask them INDIVIDUALLY, how close we are to a depression similar to 1929. Each whom do not know each other, respond in kind. A HEART BEAT AWAY.
We as a nation have become ARROGANT, both militarily, and economically, and do not realize we are "robbing Peter to pay Paul", i.e. we BORROW 10 billion dollars from China, and turn around and HAND IT to Pakistan, or Egypt, or some other country, with HOPE FOR FUTURE COOPERATION, which almost never comes.
Our government has lead many Americans to believe that we can FORCE FEED DEMOCRACY to other countries, and BUY FRIENDS. Neither is true.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 10:04:33 AM »
The misconception is that most believe Peace is normal when reality has shown war is normal and Peace is not !
it is almost funny that our fore fathers had to leave most other parts of the world to create a FREE state , yet we think that the ones in those parts of the world have changed when all that has happened in 2000 years is they perfected their own govt. and hate ours !

Offline Dee

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »
Yep!

Offline Dee

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 02:36:53 AM »
Being an "idealist" in the REAL WORLD is being blind, to a better way such as being a REALIST, in a REAL WORLD.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 02:40:29 AM »
TM-7 , the fact is we ( humans ) are at war more often than not , being an idealist is fine but history can't be changed !
you like most would like to not have war . But most are ready to go to war over certain events .
Take 911 we went to war ! thousands have been killed on all sides and the war on terror is getting bigger still !
May I suggest that had a limited nuke been dropped on Torra Bora ( or how ever it is spelled ) we would have been criticized for sure but less lives would have been lost and not many would have wanted to provoke us for some time to come !no to mention it would have been cost effective ! It is our desire to guide world events that keeps us and any other country that wants control at war !
Then again with out war would the human race progress ? as war seems to bring forth invention ( makes it necessary )

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 07:39:11 AM »
you are in the mind , and i in reality !
the fact of the mater is we must deal with reality !
and reality is the USA is more often than not at war ! call it police action etc. for those on the front line war is war !
but i must ask how can man be for Peace if he fights so much ? at best we enjoy a break from fighting but defense is always on the agenda !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:50 AM »
you forget EVIL !
war will be normal as long as it exist !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »
you must dismiss eating of the apple and man search for knowledge !
you must not consider that knowledge leads to opinion and opinion leads to war , seems very normal when you think about it !
the evil mind is full or war and the Nobel mind is always in search of defense against evil . you may wish it different but history proves otherwise .

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 03:03:47 AM »
man's mind is developed through experience , like a sponge it soaks up what it is surrounded by !
first is food , then safety !
the mind is happy when fed and safe , to be safe one fights wars to keep evil at bay . when one considers that the human mind is in a constant state of change to reflect the changes taking place around it , one realizes that no state of mind is normal for any period of time longer that it takes to change perceived need .
look at it this way , when under attack if you win you are in a state of happy , if hungry and get fed you become happy .
so to say you are happy when successful and it is normal is one thing . but to say it is the normal state is not , as what is  affecting  the mind changes and to stay happy when the event calls for say rage would seem to be un-natural  .
so if the mind has a natural state it might be change ! some people laugh when others get hurt , they say they can't help it ! but it looks bad ! not natural !
you say the leaders are bad , you offer no solution .
if you ran the USA how would you make both good and evil happy in this country ?
how would you keep evil at bay from the rest of the world yet keep the country happy ?
the short answer is it can't be done and our leaders face it every day and do the best they can most of the time !

Offline magooch

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 03:34:22 AM »
We're killing as many al Qaida as we can.  That makes me happy.  Peace on them and take a cord and hang them.  That makes me happy.
Swingem