Author Topic: M!A , LRB arms ,M14SA  (Read 505 times)

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
M!A , LRB arms ,M14SA
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »
In the 80s i had a Springfield M1A , Out of the box it was one of the best rifles i ever had ,it would do a 1in MOA at 100yards all day long.
I messed up and traded it for an FN FAL ,it was OK ,and i had a little trouble out of it ,but it wasn't near the rifle the M1A was .
Back then FNH used the  (rat tail ) bolt ,and the rat tail was prone to bending ,not a big deal  ,but still a deal.
In 2004 i bought another Another M1A ,but this one was from the Springfield Illinois plant.
The first thing it did was split the flash hider ,I sent the gun back, Then the sights fell apart ,Back again,
In less than 400 rounds this rifle went back 5 times ,broken sear,cracked stock,And the gas port wasn't lined up correctly so it would short stoke,all with Federal Ammo ,or Lake City.
Maybe i got a real lemon ,But in talking to guys who live and die M1As ,they said that now 50% of the rifles parts are from over seas ,some even China ,and an M1A without a bayonet lug isn't right.
The receivers are cast ,not forged , so after the last time of sending it back ,i sold it.
I ordered a LRB today ,them and the Smith Enterprise guns are supposed to be the best,but they are proud of them. Buyer beware.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III