Author Topic: Has anybody had the factory install an USH barrel lately?  (Read 356 times)

Offline Ultra_Slugger

• Trade Count: (1)
Has anybody had the factory install an USH barrel lately?
« on: January 17, 2008, 03:10:48 PM »
I've got a 25-06 Ultra that has been collecting dust and I'm itching to build a slug gun out of it. I've heard nothing but good things about the USH in 20gauge and that's what I've decided to go with. My pardner ordered himself a new one today, so the pressure is now on for me to get mine so that we can set them up during the off season.

Just wondering if anybody has had the factory do one of these lately, and what the wait time was.

Offline Sluggin McLouvin

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Has anybody had the factory install an USH barrel lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 04:54:12 AM »
I'm curious about this too.  I just ordered the USH and have been wondering about the barrel swap.  Do you have to send Handi's back to the factory to get fit for another barrel or can you just swap yourself - like the Encore setup?

Offline chad1043

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:43:46 AM »
I just got my tracker and vented Rib 20 Gauge barrels back. They are super sweet... That tracker barrel is pretty darn cool.

Chad

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 05:52:34 AM »
I'm curious about this too.  I just ordered the USH and have been wondering about the barrel swap.  Do you have to send Handi's back to the factory to get fit for another barrel or can you just swap yourself - like the Encore setup?

H&R will only sell barrels that they fit there in the factory, so you need to send a frame in for a new barrel, please see the instructions on the accessory barrel page.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain