Author Topic: tamer  (Read 656 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
tamer
« on: January 17, 2008, 05:22:35 PM »
I am thinking about getting one these in 20ga. I am wondering if you can shoot slugs through this gun since it has  the full choke or would i be better off to see if i can get one of the pardners with the screw in choke. I guess i should explain that i would like this gun as my all around shotgun multi purpose as it is. Would be for deer, turkey, rabbit, squirrel, upland hunting all that. also a price on the pardner with screw in chokes price if anyone knows it. or do you all think it would be better to in this situation and what i want it for should I consider the pump as a better option and go up to a 12ga. i would like your opinions  on this it will help my decision. thanks in advance for your help.

Terry

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: tamer
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
I have the Pardner, 20 ga full choke and I am using it for deer with 2.75 slugs with great accuracy out to 75 yds, plus we are using it for turkeys too and it patterns real well.
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »
thanks iwould prefer the  but was looking at a pardner today.liked it alot

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 07:29:50 PM »
I wish my Tamer was a 20 instead of the 410. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:23 PM »
Illhunter,
If this is gonna be your "go to" gun for everything, I would go with the youth Pardner with the screw in chokes.  That would give you a barrel length of 22" and  you could choke it for anything.  You may want to swap out the stock for an adult stock if the LOP is too short, but those always seem to go quick on the classifieds.  The Pardner is a much lighter gun than the Pardner Pump, so that is a consideration, if you plan on doin' a lot of walkin'.  I think you will be happy with the 20ga.  If you decide you need the punch of a 12ga for deer hunting, you could always add just a barrel or buy an additional Pardner in 12ga.  That's my thoughts

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 05:19:18 AM »
Thanks alot i was thinking the same thing sort of now i just need the pardner with the chokes to come out so i can look it over and handle one. I don't think i would need a 12 ga but they aren't that expensive to get another. I guess my next question would be what the screw in choke tubes for the pardner do you have to buy them from the company or is there any place else you can get them and what kind are they like what company makes them and can you substitute any other companies for the ones nef sells. Thanks

Terry

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 10:17:10 AM »
NEF/H&R chokes are the same as Browning Invector chokes.  The standard ones, NOT THE INVECTOR PLUS.  Just about any place that sells shotguns should have them.  Same chokes as Browning, Mossberg, Winchester. 

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »
thanks all that help anyone know how much these guns are going to run or do we have to wait til after the shot show to find them and get them. I guess i need to do some calling around to find out.

Terry

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
This is what you're lookin' for

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerScrewIn.aspx

These have been out a while.  You should be able to order one from your dealer if they don't have them in stock.

Good Luck...hope you can find one without having to order it.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »
thanks i think i am going to do some searching nobody around me keeps nef in stock much but it is getting better some shops are starting to carry them.

Terry

Offline grumpyErik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »
I know I am a little late on this topic but, I bought a 20 gauge synthectic stocked Pardner with screw in chokes for rabbit hunting this year and it is the best thing since sliced bread for walking through the woods in search of rabbits.
Click once, cuss repeatedly.