Author Topic: Scope base for Bighorn  (Read 971 times)

Offline encore58

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
Scope base for Bighorn
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:39:52 AM »
Does anyone make a dual dovetail one piece base for the Bighorn?
Release the hounds!

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Scope base for Bighorn
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:01:38 PM »
Not that I know of.  :'(
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline .50cal

• Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »
No they don't, I tried to find them for mine had to get 2 piece mount set (front and back)

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:29:02 AM »
I know that Leupold has ones that your gun smith can mill out to fit your gun. They are made for custom guns and other guns in that matter but you could get one of those and have your smith or someone to mill it out and make it fit your gun.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline encore58

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:31:27 PM »
Burris, Redfield and Leupold make the standard 2 piece scope base. The front is dovetailed and the rear has the two screws. I ordered the Burris in nickel for my stainless Bighorn and mounted an Elite 3200 3X9 today. It's a beauty. Took the 5 star Redfield off.
Release the hounds!

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »
On the rear base the two screws are windage adjustments. Use those to get close and then dial it on in with the scopes for maximum adjustment.

Rick