Author Topic: KRB7  (Read 890 times)

Offline Stuart C.

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
KRB7
« on: January 22, 2008, 02:59:40 AM »
How do folks like these?  Any reviews? 
They seem to be marking down the Revolutions to a price similar to the KRB. 
Bass Pro has the stainless/black KRB new for $310. 
Should I jump on this?
Thanks.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: KRB7
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
Its an average price. It is one of the best ML on the market today. I would buy it if I needed one.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline michiganbowbender

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:16 AM »
I agree,it's about right. I just paid $365 for the camo/stainless. Pick it up tomorrow,so I can't offer much input, but I haven't heard anything negative about them. The next thing is finding something it likes to shoot. Hopefully it isn't too fussy.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »
Check RR Arms first.  I can't remember the prices, but I got my blued/synthetic there for less than Bass Pro wanted  at $299 for it.  I haven't gotten to play with it much, but I can tell you that mine HATES 250gr SST's, no matter what powder charge I use.  T/C Cheap Shots's did ok with lighter charges 100gr or less, so did 285gr Buffalo SSB's.  Trigger isn't bad at all, and the balance of the gun is great.  It just feels good in the hands.  The barrel on mine is extremely tight, especially at the muzzle.  I can't get a sabot of any kind down the barrel after 2 shots without really putting a ton of pressure on the short starter.  Spit patching between shots helps to ease the loading.  I've got a Disc Elite that loads easier than the KRB after 6 or 7 shots without cleaning.  I know without a doubt that the KRB is tighter at the muzzle than the Elite is.  I haven't tried conicals yet, but from what I've read on other forums, either conicals or the Knight Barnes sabots are the way to go with this gun.  Cleaning isn't too bad, the trigger groups removes and installs easily and blowback is minimal.  If I can find an accurate load, it may find a permanent home with me, although I have it listed in the classifieds right now, due to falling in love with a new rifle Green Mountain Barrels is coming out with.  If it sells, fine, if not, that's cool too.  I don't know if I can justify having several big game ML's.  (Well, I can to myself, but the wife is another story).   ;D