Author Topic: my girlfrends first pig  (Read 2155 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
my girlfrends first pig
« on: January 22, 2008, 06:14:20 AM »
well mondya was the day of the pig hunt. I got out my bow and the rest of my hunting gear and call her to come and put me up. My girl gets to my house and as i am putting my stuff in her Honda civic i see a dog in the car and she says he for hunting. I tell her why that would not work and she then as what are we going to do with him and i just say leave him in the car because it's cool out here and this should not take long. we get there to the orange grove were the hogs were and i go to the farmers home to tell him were we are at and what we are after. he cool with it just don't shoot any of his goats or pigs. we look like a odd couple i wearing all camo and she has on a cashmere scarve, wool blazer,  a uncle mikes holsters for Scoped Handguns, blue jeans, and leather boots.  the 357 had both 180GR cast-core bullets and 158JHP and things were good so we set up were the hogs were coming out of the woods to the orange grove.  the framer lets me hunt here a lot and i took care of the coon problem and hogs were the problem today( he had shot a 600 pounder with his ruger 30) they had been getting at the trees.  after 3 hours of waiting of  we saw 2 hogs come out of the woods and come into the grove and starting rooting.  When they were only 25 yards away and it was a easy shot( these hogs were used to see people and that was there down fall) and i see a nice one with about 5'' tusks and was about 5 feet long from noise to tail. she says there so big and they look right at us and go back to rooting and i tell her to take the shot on the one with the white on the back. she aims and puts the 180gr cast a little to far back on it and as its running away she fires all 5 rounds at the running hog. the other one was running to but it stop at 20 yards to look back at us and i put one of my 2  steel-force arrows into it's  head and it's good down like a 45/70 had hit it. i say OK let go find yours and we go after it. she reloads and i see all that she has is the 158gr bullets and we find the big standing half sitting near the woods. It runs at us and fall over and try to get back up but it can't and  she puts one into the back and one in the head.   the farmer comes with his pick-up and we load our pigs into that bed. the pig she killed didn't look so hot so i was going to take the skull and make it into a trophy and the other one the farmer was going to age and cut up for me for a trade of fresh pompano,grouper, and some tile fish so the deal was made. on the way home she says she sorry for not being a better hunter and that she had a very fun time. I say it's OK your still learning and that as long as the pig was found and you had a fun time then it's all good and you got some nices pictures of your first hunt. she ask if next time i go squirrel hunting if she can come and if she can use my 22LR( she shot it a lot).
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: my girlfrends first pig
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »
oh how i have been waiting for this gem,  now i am going to read it!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »
wow.  painful to read, yet pure gold. 

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:27 AM »
How about some pics? Of you, the hogs and the girl friend.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 07:52:01 AM »
dont hold yer breath,  but then again,  this IS his big chance to shut us doubters up.   how about it?

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
dont hold yer breath,  but then again,  this IS his big chance to shut us doubters up.   how about it?

You guys are just begging him to find some snapfish pic of someone else's pig... I suggest that he or she show us two fingers on the left hand.  Like the peace sign... Since that's unlikely to be found in the general online picture library, but easy to do in real life, I would consider that proof.  Kinda like when terrorists have a given day's newspaper to show it was filmed the day they say it was.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
You guys are just begging him to find some snapfish pic of someone else's pig...
exactly what i expected, but i was looking forward to the path it was going to take us.  oh well, this is just as good, now we get to listen to the excuses as to why he cant.  either way the entertainment will come.

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »
You guys are just begging him to find some snapfish pic of someone else's pig...
exactly what i expected, but i was looking forward to the path it was going to take us.  oh well, this is just as good, now we get to listen to the excuses as to why he cant.  either way the entertainment will come.

It is kinda fun ain't it? ;D

This whole deal is sorta like watching a low budget foreign soap opera. You know it's cheesy, and utterly predictable, but you sit through it just to see how bad it really is. Not that I've "actually" sat through one of those shows... :D ;D ::)

Offline Tunaman

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »
LOL Oh how I laughed.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »
no response yet.....just as i suspected. :'(

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 11:45:05 AM »
We've gotta have dreamers guys... we've gotta have dreamers, or else what would we have?  What a boring world it would be...  hahaha.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
And the arrow in the head thing is impressive... I mean, I've seen some arrows go through some stuff... but not yet a skull......
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 12:20:50 PM »
Just saw this in another topic a few down on the list ... oh man this is too good!!! ... wait until he discovers girls... hahaha, nice timing!!

i too, wish he had someone  to take him hunting. 

the only thing more amazing than his stories is how he sticks to them when the jig is up.   someone who lives in the area needs to step up and teach this kid what it is really about and guide him so he can have some real adventures to be proud of. 

wait until he discovers girls....

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
He has a possible career as a fiction writer. It is some interesting stuff.

Cheese

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:07 AM »
He has a possible career as a fiction writer. It is some interesting stuff.

Cheese
possible, but only if he starts paying attention in english class.     

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 06:38:58 AM »
you know what here is a pic from a old farm hunt for rock dove back when i live and st.pete and i was hunting with my airgun club.

also i don't see anyone posting pic's from your hunts.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Norm1057

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 07:08:27 AM »
Tough but interesting read. I've shot quite a few pigs but have never needed cammo, and I don't think I'd make any mention of putting an arrow close to anythings head. Pretty sorry shot to be sure. Just my opinion but I do always enjoy pics of pigs. Please post!

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 07:50:14 AM »

I've posted several photos of the hunts with my wife.  There's pictures here from Spring and fall turkey season, duck season, and her first pheasant hunt (just a few weeks ago, check the upland thread). 

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 08:17:05 AM »
jamal, i cant see your picture....

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 10:23:19 AM »
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,135388.0.html
these are pictures i posted. 

well, i still cant see your picture for whatever reason.  but you say you have the capability to post pics.  i am really looking forward to this....

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
jamal, i cant see your picture....

Yeah, same here. Still no proof I guess???

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 08:36:26 AM »
evidently.

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 07:44:07 AM »
I found a good one of him!  See!  There he is with his bow, and his girlfriend, and the nice pig that he shot with that arrow.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 09:22:58 AM »
pure gold!

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
Best thing all day...

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »
Finally, all doubt has been removed. Cute girl friend and a nice pig.

Cheese

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 06:01:08 AM »
Awsome picture Jamal!

I'm sorry I ever doubted you...

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
Finally some proof.  :D Your bow seems to be floating nicely.

I guess you haven't taken advantage of the spell check feature yet.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 10:29:57 AM »
you know what here is a pic from a old farm hunt for rock dove back when i live and st.pete and i was hunting with my airgun club.

We aren't talking about stuff that sounds fictional and crazy either.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 09:54:54 AM »
those two look more like offshus and olga ( some Norwegians  i met that go hunting)when there were young.