Author Topic: walking and hunting  (Read 1545 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
walking and hunting
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:57:19 AM »
this may seem odd but anyways when you are walking your dog  do you ever hunt and walk the dog at the same time? I don't have a dog but i have a large rabbit and to keep her from getting bored and to work her out a little i walk her around in the hood or in the woods. when i walk cowgirl(that's her name) i have a small harness on her , rabbits  enjoy being taken for walks, and it's important to have them on a leash for safety, and i lot of times i have my airgun that is  painted pink in a shoulder holster for just varmint shooting.  if i see a staring, rat, mice, or snake when we are walking i pull it out and shoot it.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
Re: walking and hunting
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:54:24 AM »
Pink?  How sweet!  I guess it fits in with walking a rabbit really well.  I often take an airgun with me when walking along a local canal or railroad.  It's great cheap shooting and doesn't upset anyone (no cops checking out who's shooting).

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:53 AM »
When I have walked my dog I often threw a small pistol in my pocket for coyotes.  When we walked in the woods I called it small game hunting and I would carry a gun for the game.
Just a quick question.  Your shoulder holster.... is it also called A Purse?
Bet you momma follows you in the mini van so you don't get beat up.

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:43:33 AM »
The closest i got to getting a bear last year was on a walk.  Didn't see anything during my hunts, but out for a walk on the trails behind the neighborhood... saw a nice looking boar...
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 07:01:46 PM »
When I have walked my dog I often threw a small pistol in my pocket for coyotes.  When we walked in the woods I called it small game hunting and I would carry a gun for the game.

Thanks DucK! :P

Now I've got a spray of half chewed salad all over my monitor!  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 05:32:02 AM »
Your welcome.  Sorry about the Salad. Next time I'll put a warning of some kind up.  As long as it didn't get in the keyboard it will just wipe off with a little Windex.
If your new to Jamal dog.  He practices his creative writing on us so I just play along.
Some of his pros are really pretty good and if encouraged we may see him in print.
He really wants to hunt and shoot.  If he lived in Southern California I'd take him to the range with me.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 06:32:58 AM »

no, it a holster for airguns and it fits a small guns to(like a 380 or small 9mm). I have my marksman airgun painted pink with a orange tip because it's openly carried(so it looks like a toy). also why does it make me a woman to walk a large breed(she a Giant Chinchilla breed and is about 12 pounds) a real man is kind and does not care with other people think about him. if i want to go hunting outside me state i would go to to AB because  my mom friend has some land there with lots of varmints(that what i love to hunt). Also why would my mom follow me to make sure i don't get beat up?  i have study Martial arts from the age of 10 to now. I am some what good at   Muay Thai and Aikido but i carry pepper spray or a traser .
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »
Is the rabbit also an attack wabbit? :D  You had better watch out though, you might run up against some dude that has a pink belt in macrame, and end up being tied up in a knot!!

All seriousness aside,  I like varmint hunting too.  I would rather be out woodchuck hunting than deer hunting.  One of the reasons is that I actually see a woodchuck occasionally.  I don't get no respect from deer!  Pigeon shooting with pellet rifles is also a blast.

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »
Ya'll are killing me!!! :D :D :D

Yes, I'm very familiar with our beloved Jamal, and his endless exploits. He leaves me green with envy... ::)

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »
I was out walk'n my wallaby the other day and shot a Norwegian rat with my 454 Casull! ::)
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 06:35:17 AM »
Is the rabbit also an attack wabbit? :D  You had better watch out though, you might run up against some dude that has a pink belt in macrame, and end up being tied up in a knot!!

All seriousness aside,  I like varmint hunting too.  I would rather be out woodchuck hunting than deer hunting.  One of the reasons is that I actually see a woodchuck occasionally.  I don't get no respect from deer!  Pigeon shooting with pellet rifles is also a blast.
when i was younger the person that i learned Muay Thai  from he told me it to be used all the time for fighting and the only why to get better was to fight people and that what i did.  I got in to many fights to remember but i never loss( most were a draw because we both were pretty messed up) and the woman that i learned Aikido from taught that it should never be used like that(also to learn Aikido you have to be peaceful ) so i can fight somewhat be i have learn not to. As my Aikido tearcher says " it better to run like a fox then to die like a dog".  I am a varmint hunter more for that it's free or low cost then deer hunting.  It more fun to chase after a rat in a dump then to wait and hunt for deer.  also i like to practice with my weapon every day tell i can hit a rat at a range. every day i am out with my bow,blowgun,slingshot, airgun, 1934 handgun, or .22 rifle shooting and getting better. it's does not matter if it there is wind, rain or it's cold i go out testing loads, shooting or working on my weapon.  If your going to hunt you own it to the game to be the best.

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 06:22:54 PM »

when i was younger the person that i learned Muay Thai  from he told me it to be used all the time for fighting and the only why to get better was to fight people and that what i did.  I got in to many fights to remember but i never loss( most were a draw because we both were pretty messed up) and the woman that i learned Aikido from taught that it should never be used like that(also to learn Aikido you have to be peaceful ) so i can fight somewhat be i have learn not to. As my Aikido tearcher says " it better to run like a fox then to die like a dog".  I am a varmint hunter more for that it's free or low cost then deer hunting.  It more fun to chase after a rat in a dump then to wait and hunt for deer.  also i like to practice with my weapon every day tell i can hit a rat at a range. every day i am out with my bow,blowgun,slingshot, airgun, 1934 handgun, or .22 rifle shooting and getting better. it's does not matter if it there is wind, rain or it's cold i go out testing loads, shooting or working on my weapon.  If your going to hunt you own it to the game to be the best.

How long was it that you said you taught Steven Segal before he finally learned to break an arm like he does on the movies? I think it was Jean Claude VanDamm that lived with you for a while wasn't it? I may have them mixed up, it's been a while since you told us...

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 06:03:06 AM »
How long was it that you said you taught Steven Segal before he finally learned to break an arm like he does on the movies? I think it was Jean Claude VanDamm that lived with you for a while wasn't it? I may have them mixed up, it's been a while since you told us...
[/quote]

Steven Segal  does not know how to fight( he got his but kick by his bodyguard), I learned how to fight not how to play or acted fighting. real Martial arts  is not for show but for fighting.  also gun beats hands everytime, that why it's better to run then to fight.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »
Take it easy, we're only kidding around with you.
Don't take things so seriously.  You need to learn to laugh at your self a little.  You may not have to fight if you learn that people are just teasing you and learn a better way to defuse the teasing.
Keep posting things they are interesting to read.  We like your enthusiasm and how much you like to hunt and shoot.
If you ever get to Ca.  I'd be happy to take you to the range and let you shoot what ever you want that I own.  I own quite a few. 
I simulate varmint hunting with potatoes.  They explode when you hit them with the rifles.  Instead of red goo they turn into a white ball.  Still spectacular. 
Hey why are you not in school?  It's the middle of the day.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 09:13:31 AM »
yeah, segal doesnt know how to fight.   the guy's accomplishments speak for themselves.   not for me, but the guy has done pretty well for himself.
...a large breed(she a Giant Chinchilla breed and is about 12 pounds)...
chincilla?  are you walking a guinea pig?    you really need to pay attention in class.  read some more books and less internet.   honestly, i am trying really hard to give you solid advise. 

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 10:31:26 AM »
yeah, segal doesnt know how to fight.   the guy's accomplishments speak for themselves.   not for me, but the guy has done pretty well for himself.
chincilla?  are you walking a guinea pig?    you really need to pay attention in class.  read some more books and less internet.   honestly, i am trying really hard to give you solid advise. 

there all kinds of breeds of rabbits(like the American Checkered Giant  or Florida White) my rabbit is  Giant Chinchilla ( a large breed rabbit that is
12-16 lbs with  Heavy build, rounded body.) I know a lot of time your just playing around but i do know something and rabbits is something i know some about.  also a guinea pig and Chinchilla are way different animals, a Chinchilla is 200-300$ for one and a guinea pig is 12-25$ and also a Chinchilla is a animals that is used in high in coats because of it's really soft coat. I was in the class of 06 and i have not really want to go to collage( i want something that pays now and the ways things are going i see no real point in going) i would be in the air-force right now but i have a heart problem that keeps me out.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
alright, i wasa corn-fused.  so you have a pet bunny. 

i have always said that there is something seriously serial about someone who has a rabbit for a pet.  my wife is a vet tech and has met many, many rabbit owners.  she agrees completely.  maybe we all should rethink the way we treat jamal.   ???  ;D

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »
I agree.  Jamal, I take back my remark about your pink airgun.  Just pwease don't sic your wascally wabbit on me!!! ;D

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 10:38:18 AM »

there all kinds of breeds of rabbits(like the American Checkered Giant  or Florida White) my rabbit is  Giant Chinchilla ( a large breed rabbit that is
12-16 lbs with  Heavy build, rounded body.) I know a lot of time your just playing around but i do know something and rabbits is something i know some about.  also a guinea pig and Chinchilla are way different animals, a Chinchilla is 200-300$ for one and a guinea pig is 12-25$ and also a Chinchilla is a animals that is used in high in coats because of it's really soft coat. I was in the class of 06 and i have not really want to go to collage( i want something that pays now and the ways things are going i see no real point in going) i would be in the air-force right now but i have a heart problem that keeps me out.

Ok so what are you going to do? The only way to have a job in todays world is to go to school. Just look at me I worked in a plant for 23 years and got laid off and I was just short of retiring. The state paid for me to go back to school and I took avantage of it its not easy finding a job when you are 45 and just got laid off. Sounds like you need to get back into school. Why would you walk a rabbit? What happens if it gets loose in rabbit season? Why do you carry a pink air pistol don't you know you can still get arrested for that?
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 06:47:30 AM »
Holly cow.
Jamal You graduated from High school?  by the way your write I thought you were in either 8th or 9th grade.
A little advise.
There is nothing that pays right now.  You need to work your way up in anything.  My suggestion is to look at what you like to do and figure out how to make money at it.  I'm in outside sales.  I found at an early age I was good at talking people out of their money and solving problems at the same time.  I now do that every day and it doesn't get boring.
A friend of mine owns a gun shop in VA and I asked him if he wanted to go hunting or shooting sometime.
His reply was he doesn't do either and has other hobbies.  If your work in your hobby you will not make any money and vise verse if your work is your hobby you still will not make any money.  Think about what you want to do 30 years from now.  If you think you want to be a rabbit rancher and see a need for big rabbits then go for it.   With your Marshall arts can you ask to teach a few classes?
I suggest taking a few classes at the local Community college.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
Why would you walk a rabbit? What happens if it gets loose in rabbit season? Why do you carry a pink air pistol don't you know you can still get arrested for that?

why would you walk a dog? i walk her because she need to walk a little everyday. she on a leash just to keep her out of stuff, i walk her around the building with out any leash on and she follows me. the airgun is there for if i see some varmints that i want to shoot and no here you can't get arrested for having a airgun( i asked a tarpon spring cop before i started with that).

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 06:53:00 AM »
Is the rabbit also an attack wabbit? :D 

you know what maybe she is

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 07:46:46 AM »
LOL    ;D