Author Topic: It is cold!  (Read 567 times)

Offline Sheila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
It is cold!
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
What is  it where some of you guy's live?  This global warming is freezing my butt  off.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: It is cold!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
VERY COLD by Arkansas standards. Low 20's right now, we have had a few nites this year drop into the teens & that is a rare event here. We had had no frozen precip. yet, but we may before spring. We get a snow every 2 years or so & it may last 1-2 days, so we have just enough cold weather to say we have a winter & that's about it. But this year is colder than the norm for sure, I guess if we did not have Global warming we would be in trouble.  ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:30:42 PM »
The temps here in NC have been crazy.  In the past month we've seen daytime highs near 70* and nighttime lows down in the teens.   We have had 30* shifts in daytime temps over the course of only a couple of days.   I have to check Weather.Com in the morning to know how to dress for the day.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:50:12 PM »
Currently 20 below in my front yard.  The expected low for Saturday is 50 below.  We are not talking chill factor either, that's straight temperature.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 03:42:40 AM »
I am in DFW area been in the high 20s at nite, mid 30s in day, wind 20 mph
were supposed to have ice storm last nite it is 33 this mourning supposed to be 66 tommrow
70 on sunday. I have not missed a weekend of golf all winter(life is good, so far)
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 03:57:05 AM »
its been 20 below here in norhtern wisconsin all week, with a high of -10.  supposed to warm up this weekend to  20 something.  i might stick my head out a little.

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:38 AM »
Hey, it's freaking January already.  But if this is global warming I sure as hell don't want anything to do with global cooling.  Where's that Algore duffus; I wanta kick his sorry butt.
Swingem

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »
Hey, it's freaking January already.  But if this is global warming I sure as hell don't want anything to do with global cooling.  Where's that Algore duffus; I wanta kick his sorry butt.

He's probably in his huge mansion hiding. 
[

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
Currently 20 below in my front yard.  The expected low for Saturday is 50 below.  We are not talking chill factor either, that's straight temperature.

At my place in Prince William Sound it is 24 above with 18" of new light snow last night.  Just another example of Alaska's diverse different climates.  It is extremely rare for the temps to hit zero here. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »
They told ya all along that the end result of global warming would be a new ice age so it looks like they were right global warming is now making it colder. What's not to understand?  ???

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »
 :)  Well since its another ice age coming, I think I'll continue just as I've done for the last 50 years as if it isn't.  I remember the doom and gloomers predictions on nuclear fallout, Y2K, and a host of many others.  That is, if I have the consent of outsiders.   :D
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
We had a few days this week where the lows were 4 to 5 degrees. The highs this week have been 25 to 27 degrees. Some of the mornings this week when I go to work ( OUTSIDE ) The wind chill has been 15 to 20 below 0. Needless to say for me spring can not arive soon enough. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 03:40:33 PM »
I don't know know graybeard, it does not make any sense. I think God is telling them who is in control of the weather. Think about, you have a nice mild winter, that means you will have a smaller heating bill.
[

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
Cold mornings here in Michigan  5 at night 18 or so during the day. Cabin fever setting in
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting