Author Topic: H&R Excell Auto and NEF Pardner Pump, are they reliable??  (Read 1500 times)

Offline KenSel

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Contributor
H&R Excell Auto and NEF Pardner Pump, are they reliable??
« on: January 26, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »
I don't hear much about either of these guns.  Do any of you own them or ever handled or shot them?  I'm wanting to put together a good turkey rig, but I don't want to break the bank doing it.  I know the Pardners are drilled and tapped, but is the Excell drilled and tapped?  Does the Pardner have a loose pump that rattles back and forth like the Mossberg?  Will the Excell cycle light and heavy loads reliably?  How is the recoil pad on both models?  How is the trigger on both models?  Are the synthetic stocks solid and sturdy or are they cheap noisy plastic?  I'm not to worried about looks because I'll either get one in camo or I'll paint it myself.   I'm interested in all you have to say about either of these guns good or bad let me know. 

thanks,
Ken

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: H&R Excell Auto and NEF Pardner Pump, are they reliable??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:46:58 AM »
I've had my hands on the pump but never shot it. If I were buying a pump I'd pony up a few more bucks and get a 870 or Mossy. I can only remember one time someone ordered the auto but didn't keep it. check out this thread. http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,132095.0.htmlck 
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: H&R Excell Auto and NEF Pardner Pump, are they reliable??
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
The Auto (Excell) was made by Sarsilmaz Firearms Inc., Turkey, it was just like a Verona 405, but now it is manufactured by an unknown at this time. It is definitely a different model, probably a different manufacturer. Someone here ordered one a few months ago and ended up sending it back due to it being different than the 2007 Catalog depicted. The 2008 pictures show the new model, it doesn't have the humpback receiver as the previous did. Right now there are at least 2 different models floating around, I would steer clear of them until H&R can make up their minds as to who they want to build them. It would be nice to at least know who is the new manufacturer and where they are being manufactured. My guess would be either China or Russia, but that is just a WAG.

The Pardner pump is a clone of the 870 and the earlier models didn't have the drilled and tapped humpback receivers that the current ones are supposed to have. I say supposed to have because I have heard of some that were not drilled and tapped as described. They have a longer magazine tube and barrels are not interchangeable with the 870. They are made in China.

I too would buy a Rem or Mossy first. They will always have parts and service for these, I HOPE.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member