Author Topic: tracker II vs ultra slug in 20 ga  (Read 430 times)

Offline ruger438

• Trade Count: (0)
tracker II vs ultra slug in 20 ga
« on: January 28, 2008, 05:11:48 AM »
It looks like we are going to slugs only here in my area  >:(

Is the main benefit of the USH barrel increased weight for recoil or are the USH barrels more accurate on average than the tracker II barrel?

I had a tracker II barrel fitted some years ago when the gun went back for a 223 barrel so I already have a little shooting through it and if I remember it shot ok, but I thought it kicked as much as my 12 ga because the tracker is so light.
 I read rave reviews about the USH and wonder if it is worth the upgrade.

Offline ruger438

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: tracker II vs ultra slug in 20 ga
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:15:03 AM »
and another thing, I had the tracker barrel drilled and tapped for a scope rail and am a little nervous about that. It is a 20 ga so that should be ok?
 If not then I will definitly get a USH barrel fitted.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Re: tracker II vs ultra slug in 20 ga
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:14:18 AM »
I've had both offerings the Tracker II and the USH, as far as accuracy there has been no discernible difference in my experiences.
I have stayed with the Tracker II's and all of ours in 20 ga. are drilled and tapped with scopes. This has been discussed here many times and using the search feature will give you many hours of good reading.

Recoil is only a problem when at the bench, and yes I think the recoil is somewhat more with a Tracker II, but the ease of carry and ease of shooting and holding the shotgun from an elevated stand in my opinion goes with the Tracker II by a large margin.