Author Topic: Olympic Arms??????  (Read 1556 times)

Offline navylawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Olympic Arms??????
« on: January 28, 2008, 04:07:44 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Olympic Arms AR's especially the K3B? I just want to know about the quality of the rifle.

Navylawdog

Offline phalanx

Re: Olympic Arms??????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:44:49 PM »
navylawdog :
I saw your thread and i wasn't going to say anything because i knew very little about this.
I have seen the K3B in Gun stores and i know a guy who has one ,but i never have shot it  ,but he likes it and he fires Wolf through it.
Remember the AR is the Chevy 350 of rifles now.
About everyone offers one.
A lot of company's buy their receivers from a few places that really make them ,they put their own finish and Name  on them after that.
But most of them are built to to a certain spec ,unless you start tricking them out.
My FFL has sold a few of them and none have come back so ,who knows.
I wondered about my Bushmaster M4 when i bought it cheap.
It turned out to one of the best guns i ever had.
If you buy it ,let me know about it OK ,the price is attractive.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline navylawdog

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »
Thanks for giving me your two cents. I will let you know how it shoots if I get one. I am still trying to talk the wife into letting me get it. But there is a place here locally that sells them and the K-8's pretty cheap. I believe it is $729 for the K3B and $699 for the K-8. It is too good of a price to pass up and I know that this time next year you probably won't even be able to buy it or the magazines for one.

Navylawdog

Offline emsemt911

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 05:14:35 PM »
I absolutly LOVE my Oly k16!!!!
I did a lot of research before I bought the gun.  You will hear good/bad from all companies.
I do not know the exact number of round fired through my gun, but it has never failed me at any time.
The quality and fit are perfect.  I take it out to the range or to hunt over my Colt anyday.

Do your research and buy a known brand.  Most importantly buy the gun with the options that
you want.  You will be happier. 

Offline blackpowderbill

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 02:11:19 AM »
Back in 2000 I was in a LE academy and they had bought a load of OLy carbines for training, along with a few tons of S&B ammo.
My observations are as follows;
                                         OLyrifless, quite accurate but rough around the edges. The biggest real shortfall they had was a tendency
                                          for the bolt to break at the cam pin hole.
                                         S&B ammo; about two steps above Wolf poo ammo. We routinely had primers falling out upon firing,       
                                         sometimes jamming the gun. The smoke was very acrid and but ones eyes as it wafted back from
                                        receiver.
I know that the guns were less than 6 months old at the time I was a student there, but they were shot alot.
People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline navylawdog

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 03:54:34 PM »
I absolutly LOVE my Oly k16!!!!
I did a lot of research before I bought the gun.  You will hear good/bad from all companies.
I do not know the exact number of round fired through my gun, but it has never failed me at any time.
The quality and fit are perfect.  I take it out to the range or to hunt over my Colt anyday.

Do your research and buy a known brand.  Most importantly buy the gun with the options that
you want.  You will be happier. 

That's sweet to hear because I just put a K-16 on layaway the other day. What kind of optics set up do you have on yours? That is the big decision now.

Navylawdog

Offline LAUNCHPAD

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:42:33 PM »
I HAVE 3 (pcr1, pcr16, and k3bfar) all are supurb weapons. between the three i have probably run 5000 round through, zero wheapon malfunctions. the only problems i have had were ammo related.
Buy one and shoot it with confidence.
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER N.A.H.C.
MEMBER  JOHNSON COUNTY SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION
NRA MEMBER

Offline emsemt911

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
I have a redfield 3-12x42.  It is a great scope.  The little bit extra power comes in handy when shooting varmints.