Author Topic: 300 Win Mag??  (Read 1478 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
300 Win Mag??
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »
Just noticed the 300 Win mag is no longer listed on the Optima Elite barrel or rifle page at CVA, I emailed Mark to see what's up.  ???

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: 300 Win Mag??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 11:21:37 AM »

I haven't heard anything from him in a while...If you don't hear anything back tomorrow..I'll give him a call..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 03:37:57 PM »
You'll get his answering machine,unless you have his cell no. His machine say's he'll be back feb.8. If you do by chance get to talk to him ask him if he shipped my barrel yet.  Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »
No longer listed for sale on the Bergara Barrels site either. They have them for the Encore still. Anything wrong with the frames? Sorry I haven't been able to keep everyone updated.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 06:01:31 PM »
Mark's probably at the SHOT show.

Tim

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »
Mark's probably at the SHOT show.

Tim

That's what I was thinking. Maybe we will hear something for the better.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »
Hey Tim,
any word yet?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 09:17:39 AM »
Not from Mark, he's still out of the office, so I just called BPI, the fella I talked to said they dropped it because the last run of barrels they got from Bergara were sub standard, so they sent them back and cancelled the order and dropped it from their chamberings, the previous run of barrels were up to snuff according to him. I'd venture to say that maybe sales were down too which probably had more to do with it being dropped.

Tim

Offline Tunaman

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
That makes sense. I am not sure that I would have mentioned about the substandard barrels if I were them. Especially since they seem to go over the top to convince people that Bergara barrels are such high quality. Thanks for the info.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »
It's not the first time they've rejected a batch of barrels, maybe Mac will elaborate on that since he got the info first hand. If the barrels aren't up to their standards, they should refuse them, but Bergara shouldn't be shipping sub-standard barrels either, but for all I know,  they may have been fine when shipped and then damaged intransit from Spain. ::)

Tim

Offline Tunaman

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »
I agree 100 percent but I think that by stating it openly that some may doubt the quality coming from Spain. I certainly understand that even a top notch operation can have an off day, and I am far from perfect. Just ask my wife or my preteen daughters. I just think that I would have dealt with it differently. I don't doubt the quality as both of my Barrels shoot very well, but to the uninitiated that news may be off putting.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 01:05:24 PM »
My barrels are all good that I have from Bergara. I have been checking my Email and I am not expecting anything from them until Mark is back. I still plan to get another 300win mag barrel for my Encore. Human error is still playing a role too.

Rick

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »
There have been several TC Bergara reviews in the TC forum, none have been negative, so I have to give BPI credit for not allowing any sub-standard barrels on the market for whatever reason.  ;) BPI has also stood behind there Begara barrels and replaced those that have been a problem, so I can't fault them in aftermarket support either. But since the market share of what we see is minute, only time will tell how good they actually are, whether the quality and price remain competitive.

Tim

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
If they follow the current trend of going up about $25 I can say the price will no longer play the large role it did when they first came out but it still will have some grounds being $50 cheaper than a T/C barrel. I have been very happy with them so far and I am wanting a 45-70 barrel from them too.

Rick

Offline rdeep

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »
I bought a combo from Dick's with a mail in form for a Center fire Barrel.  Mail the coupon and check the 300 Win box.  Got a call from the factory and they said that it was discontinued.  Had to settle for a 30-06.  (That shoots horrible by the way).

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »
I bought a combo from Dick's with a mail in form for a Center fire Barrel.  Mail the coupon and check the 300 Win box.  Got a call from the factory and they said that it was discontinued.  Had to settle for a 30-06.  (That shoots horrible by the way).

What size groups? What have you tried. If everything that you try keeps messing up send it back. They will take care of it.

Tim did Mark ever email you? I never got anything.

Rick

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »
Nope.  :(