Author Topic: Knights and Bipods  (Read 935 times)

Offline frogee

• Trade Count: (8)
Knights and Bipods
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »
I was reading my owner's manual for my Bighorn and I noticed that the warranty is void if the gun is used with a bipod. I don't understand what that is all about. In the manual for my newer disc extreme no there is no mention of the bipod voiding the warranty.
Art

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Re: Knights and Bipods
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:13:53 PM »
Hmm, I'll have to look at my manuals and see what they say.  I can vaguely remember seeing that mentioned in the book.  Maybe it has something to do with the sling studs in the stocks.  Heavy loads, hard recoil, I could see repeated use could pull the stud out.  Perhaps they've had lots of warranty claims on the stocks?  Although I do think that Knight has the best factory stocks of any ML company (and some centerfire rifles too).

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
I haven't noticed this then again I bought both of mine used. Ill have to get me a manual for mine.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 06:21:28 AM »
Just finished looking at the manual that came with my Elite.  It's a couple of years old, but I can't find anything about a bipod in the warranty info....???  Who knows?

Offline frogee

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »
The manual for my Bighorn was printed in 2001, that's the one that mentions it. My extreme's manual was printed in 2004 and it is not in that one. I was just curious about it, it's not going to keep me from using a bipod.
Art

Offline Wolfhound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 02:49:35 PM »
They removed it not long after the Extreme came out. I had seen in a magazine a Knight employee using one and I questioned them about it.