Author Topic: Kahr/ Auto Ordnance M1 carbine range report.  (Read 632 times)

Offline Double 30

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Kahr/ Auto Ordnance M1 carbine range report.
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »
Bought one NIB and am quite impressed about materials and workmanship.There are , however , problems.Cleaning her before shooting showed rust in the bore >:(.Nice red/brown patches! A brush,Iosso bore paste and elbow grease removed it and happily no pitting.I suspect they proofed it with Wolf as I've seen bimetal jackets do this in other calibers.First firing was with green/white box Rem 110 fmj and I am less than impressed.While she ran perfectly , accuracy was HORRIBLE. 3 round 50 yard groups ranged from a lucky 2 1/2 incher to 8 inches.I bought this carbine as I cant afford a GI and who knows how much life those old vets have in them. I had an old Blue Sky Inland about 20 years ago and with reloads she shot 1 1 1/2 inch 50 yard groups.I'm thinking it might be the ammo as this little bugger is really first rate. I know the M1 carbine isn't a target gun but this one has no chance of even shooting 3 inches at 100. What's the best .30 carbine ammo out there? I've never had an AK or SKS shoot this poorly. Any help apperciated >:( 
Deo Vindice

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kahr/ Auto Ordnance M1 carbine range report.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:03:58 AM »
mine likes Winchester .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !