Author Topic: “Where Did Froghunter Go” (OT)  (Read 475 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
“Where Did Froghunter Go” (OT)
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:41:26 PM »
Well guys and gals. I went to Delaware at CHRISTmas. As you know I will be retiring from the U.S. Army after 26 years of service to our great nation. I’m moving back to my roofs, where I grow up and lived for the first part of my life. It was a little farming community, but has grow with housing going up on every acre and the land is high dollar. I’m still lucky, I will have about 2 acres that is my. My grandparent’s farm was about 15 acres, yes small, but my grandfather raised three children on it. In the end 5 was sold and we will not be able to get it back. The guy is asking too much for it and it was sold out of spite because of two sisters fighting. My mother was one of them. What I am looking to do is go into a little bit of market gardening. I will start out with about ½ acre of my land. I will rotate three ½ blocks so I don’t burn my ground out. If I do okay in the first three years, I will then go talk to the Cousins and ask if I can till about four acres of their land. We will see. This will not be a full time thing, I am looking at getting on with the state Forestry Service as a full time job. Okay now what Froghunter has been up to? I’m restoring/fixing a 1962 Cub Cadet garden tractor to became a part-time farmer or at the minimum be able to feed my family fresh vegetables’. Here are picture of the start and where I’m at.

I’m still need some implements for her, like wheel weights, a brinley 10” plow, a tandem disc harrow and cultivator. I’m enjoying it, but it has kept me from the forum and my rabbit hunting. Tomorrow I’m taking a brake and going rabbit hunting with Mrs. Froghunter.

Thanks and just an update of where has Froghunter been!

Froghunter

"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: “Where Did Froghunter Go” (OT)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 04:13:31 PM »
Good to hear from you again Froghunter, and all the best to you and Mrs. Froghunter in the future....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
Is Delaware back home??
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline mrsfroghunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • ''Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover !
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
Hey Foggy,

I guess the turnip didn't roll too far off of the truck!  LOL!!!!!! Delaware is the future home of the Froghunters. I'm a bit farther north out of Bangor ,Maine ! But I'll share a frog story, with photos!

Mrs. Froghunter ;D ;D
Mrs. Froghunter

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 05:10:54 PM »
first off Froghunter Thank you for you service, thank you for my freedom  I like old garden tractors too! I've got  a cub 129  and a gravely two wheeler  and a choremaster one wheel garden tractor If you run across a gravely w/rotory plow It would get you by on a half an acre If you were closer  I might be able to help with the plow I've got a sleeve hitch plow  around here somewhere . go chase some rabbits I been down in the back for a while finally getting where I can move a little and we've got a nomsoon going on
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline mrsfroghunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • ''Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover !
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »
I'll open up by saying top of the evening to everyone! You know that Froghunter surely gets me in some of the most predicament's! First time I ever went frog hunting with The Froghunter I laughed so hard. I thought he was crazy! I thought what in the world does a bullfrog look like and secondly how would you catch one? Well much to my surprise Froghunter had all the answers, so he thought! He goes out late at night in shorts and sneekers ''I call them maypops  and a long handle stick with a speer on the end of it! A head light on his head to show me how to do it! Well he gets in the water pond, lol and yepper I hear them going off croaking, then Froghunter takes his pole and bam pulls one out ! I thought ooooooooo ! So then we went the next night, I wore chest waders and a floopy hat and Frog hunter said put this light on your head! So, I told Froghunter, nope wasn't gonna wear that light so took the flash light. I sneekied up on the bank and saw this ulgy, I mean ulgy eye's looking at me and I thought shoot how could something that ulgy taste so good and ways I got that bullfrog. I guess everyone on this post knew I got one because I was a hooting and hollarin. So we went the next night and the kids were with us and had 4 right off the bat gave them to our 6 year old to hold while. He went in for some more frogs.  Anyway', I deceided that I need to set for awhile ,those wader's were just tiring/ I told my son to hold onto the frogs and I'll be john brown he sat the frogs beside him. I got up and went to see Froghunter and I look and our son was walking around looking for something I guess those frog came back to life because they were jumping back to the water. We got one out of 4 and Froghunter was a little upset. Anyway's top of the night  to you all.

Mrs. Froghunter
Mrs. Froghunter

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 11:45:40 PM »
Mr & Mrs Froghunter  Great Story  and pictures  I have friends in Harpswell Maine. When I was medicaled out after 16 and ahalf years . the farm had been sold and being ai a unit that was always on the move  I think the last 6 years I was at my home base  1 and a hlf total but being single I did not mind. I became a Boomer  lived in my van alot  have tools will travel  farmed some and even cowboyed on a ranch in Texas. I got my Susan now and settled in VA near the Shenandoah life is good.  I must sat you two are quite the fashion plate
All the luck  Go With God
Foggy
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 12:51:34 AM »
Excellent story.   LOL.   :D

What a neat family outing.

Thanks much.   :)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »
Froghunter I plan on doin the same thing. I figure just like you that if the stuff don't sell I freeze, can or dry it. I have some great plans but who knows. I've been researching all of the farmers's markets on Delmarva. This area is not that health conscious yet. It'll be good to have you back in De. next rabbit season. I saw a fat old bunny yesterday. and brought the 410 up to my shoulder and realized at the last second it was Sunday.  Take care and good luck with the tractor.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun