Author Topic: 222 bull barrel  (Read 994 times)

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
222 bull barrel
« on: February 04, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »
I got my 222 bull barrel in today and it really looks good.The muzzle checks in at .886" and the breech is 1".I'll stick some kind of target scope on it and feed it some factory and hand loads tommorrow.   Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Re: 222 bull barrel
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:07:33 AM »
The wind was gusting pretty bad,but I shot the 222 anyway,and I got less than 1" with factory and hand loads. The 50 gr. Rem. factory made 1 hole with 2 shots and the third went 2 1/2 right with the third.(gusting winds 30 mph or better). I started trying to shoot between gust and got .350 for 3 shots and .736" for 5. Considering that I had 6 cups of coffee on a empty stomach and needing a cigerate real bad,I was pretty happy with the results.It was really hard for me to settle down and shoot right under the conditions,but I think that this barrel is going to be a good shooter.I think under differnent conditions ( was shooting off the hood of truck that was moving with the gust)that this thing will shoot close to 1/4". There was several good groups that touched when I did my part.      ;D ;D ;D ;D  Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 07:11:08 AM »
Sounds like ya got a good one, good on ya for braving the elements on an empty stomach and testing the new barrel out!! ;)

thx for the report!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:42:42 AM »
Great report. I have one on order. I hope that it shoots that well.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:33:12 AM »

Way to go Digger...Looking forward to hearing how it does at longer ranges..and how it does on varmints for ya..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline 1 id dog

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »
  "Digger" Sounds as if ya got one showing promise to be a shooter. We had some great weather here in the Carolina's today. The Boss Lady and I terrorized a bunch of drink bottles this evening. Afterwards I had the range to myself and started working on the 50 cal optima ml I stumbled across this past weekend. I've got a elite in 45/70 on order and hoping it'll be in sometime this week. Sure hope and pray it'll come close to shooting as good as yours.