Author Topic: So the '72 Dolphins are still the best team ever, who's the next best all time??  (Read 370 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
The '85 Bears (18-1) followed by the '84 49er's (18-1). What do you guys think? Personally I'll put this years Patriots as the 43rd best team ever, 42 other teams won Super Bowls! ;D
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Pike

I would still say that this years Patriot team is better that the Dolphins. True they got beat in the super bowl,BUT, they were unbeaten in the regular season and through the playoffs with a total of 18 wins. The 72 Dolphins were only 16 and 0 with the super bowl also included. There is also the fact that the Patriot have how many rings, I think if memory serves correctly, it would be three. I think that history will treat the Patriots better than they have been treated this year.
Congratulations still go to the Giants. They played a fantastic game and came away the winner. It was by far one of the best games in the last 20 plus years.
Also ,if anyone thinks that I am writing this because I am a Patriots fan, just know that I root for the BEARS.

Offline NYH1

I would still say that this years Patriot team is better that the Dolphins. True they got beat in the super bowl,BUT, they were unbeaten in the regular season and through the playoffs with a total of 18 wins. The 72 Dolphins were only 16 and 0 with the super bowl also included. There is also the fact that the Patriot have how many rings, I think if memory serves correctly, it would be three. I think that history will treat the Patriots better than they have been treated this year.
Congratulations still go to the Giants. They played a fantastic game and came away the winner. It was by far one of the best games in the last 20 plus years.
Also ,if anyone thinks that I am writing this because I am a Patriots fan, just know that I root for the BEARS.
If you don't win the Championship, the undefeated regular season means nothing.  It's about winning Championships, not almost winning them.   And now with more Spygate investigations going on, the Pat's last three Super Bowl wins might be very tarnished! 
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
The '85 Bears (18-1) followed by the '84 49er's (18-1). What do you guys think? Personally I'll put this years Patriots as the 43rd best team ever, 42 other teams won Super Bowls! ;D

Now that's a mighty unbiased opinion.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline s_hawk

• If ya come, ya better come heavy!
    • Texas Punishment Crew
'85 Bears.
Hawk
Glory Lasts Forever

Offline victorcharlie

85 Bears had a great defense no doubt....probably the best that ever played the game........and I wouldn't argue that they might be the best team ever.........

The Steelers of the mid 1970's were some of best I've seen too.......The Redskins had a few memorable teams with Riggins, Theisman, and company.......No doubt the 84 49ers were a fine team as well......

However, as a Cowboy's fan.....I just gotta say............."My hero's have always been Cowboys"........

The Giants upset was huge........and certainly will be remembered as significant as Namath's upset of the colts in super bowl III Jan of 69.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater