Author Topic: One eye or two?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: One eye or two?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 10:30:32 AM »
Actually HeavyC nailed it. I shoot bullseye and that means long sessions at the range. Closing one eye would be too fatiguing. But when I started shooting I just took the advice that keeping both eyes open is the way to good shooting for such games as bullseye.
Safety first

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Re: One eye or two?
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »
Curtis - heck man, learn to shoot southpaw.  I occassionally go southpaw and am usually pretty happy with the results, and it's a lot fo fun.  Sometimes I even shoot two-handed and that is a real ball.  If you learn to shoot left handed and as a result carry left handed, even with your learned right hand dominance you would have an upper hand with concealability (just a thought).  Mikey.........

I think I could handle my Thompson Contender left handed from a rest, but I'd have to ditch the non-ambi grips.  I tried shooting my Smith M&P 40 left handed and I couldn't hold that small of a pistol steady.  Maybe I just need more strength in my left hand.  Of course lefty practice with a defensive arm could pay dividends because of cover, injury, or other unplanned event in a crunch situation.

While I agree with previous posters that eye dominance probably cannot be changed, I believe enough discipline and practice could enable a shooter to overcome it.

Curtis
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.