Author Topic: Here is an idea to keep Obama out.  (Read 879 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Here is an idea to keep Obama out.
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »
Here is an idea. I do not want to see Obama win the Dem. Nomation. I am going to vote for a Republican for president. Here is my idea as much as it may hurt you to vote for Hitlery in the primarys. I think all Rep. should do this just to keep Obama out. You could still vote repulican for president but this may help to keep him out. Just a thought. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline azshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Here is an idea to keep Obama out.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:38:18 AM »
At first I thought the picture in your post was your idea to keep Obamma out  :o

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 04:06:25 AM »
At first I thought the picture in your post was your idea to keep Obamma out  :o

Hey, that works for me, but it should be applied equally to both Dumbycrats.
Swingem

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 04:19:39 AM »
DOES IT HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO PENETRATE THAT MUCH B.S.
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE

Offline Leatherstocking

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »
How can a republican vote in the democratic primary?? ???
NRA Life Member
New York State Conservation Council Member

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise" - Aldo Leopold (1949)

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »
How can a republican vote in the democratic primary?? ???
Just because you you are registered as Republican does not mean you can't vote Democratic. The reason I know this is my wife is dem. all the way. I regestered as Dem. to make her happy. When I go into that little booth I have voted for a Rep. president the last 2 times. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline Leatherstocking

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 03:59:16 PM »
Yeah but you said that republicans should vote for Hitlery in the democratic primary. A registered republican can't vote in a democratic primary.
NRA Life Member

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise" - Aldo Leopold (1949)

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 04:04:28 PM »
Well I have never voted in primary before. This may just go to show how little I know about politics. I know when I go to vote for president I can vote however I like. If this is true my idea is out the window. :'( Dale

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »
What you can or cannot do in primaries is determined by state law mostly. Here in Bama we don't register period we just tell them on primary day which we wish to vote and sign the sheet they have for each party. I can vote in either I wish but not in both on the same day. Next time I can again vote whichever I wish. Of course I've not voted for any demon in well over 30 years.

Some states to require you to register as one or the other or as an independent and that is then all you can vote as in primaries. Then too some states don't even have primaries so you can't vote at all as all they do is have a cacus and a few folks decide who in your state gets all the delagates now that is truly unAmerican.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »
What you can or cannot do in primaries is determined by state law mostly. Here in Bama we don't register period we just tell them on primary day which we wish to vote and sign the sheet they have for each party. I can vote in either I wish but not in both on the same day. Next time I can again vote whichever I wish. Of course I've not voted for any demon in well over 30 years.

Some states to require you to register as one or the other or as an independent and that is then all you can vote as in primaries. Then too some states don't even have primaries so you can't vote at all as all they do is have a cacus and a few folks decide who in your state gets all the delagates now that is truly unAmerican.
GB I just spoke with my wife a little while ago. She does know about politics than I do. She has a couple years of law in colledge. Well anyways she says in the primaries I could vote Demacrat if I like here in Pa. So my plan may not be so far fetched after all. Dale

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 01:49:08 AM »
This is one election where most will not be voting for someone but against someone. I would have a hard time voting for either hiitlery or obama.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Leatherstocking

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 08:21:41 AM »
OK. news to me. In NY primaries you can only vote in the primary where you are registered. It surprises me though, because it seems it opens the door to lots of sabotage, which is exactly what you're suggesting. And by the way, I love the idea and agree 100%...... Anything to keep those two out of it. Whatever works, I'm for it!!
NRA Life Member