Author Topic: My new CVA OE setup!!!!!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline dbull35

• Trade Count: (0)
My new CVA OE setup!!!!!
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:17:52 AM »
Hi,
I am new here and soooo glad I found this forum. There is a lot of good info on this board. I thought I would show off my new setup.
I just finished putting it together last week. I have the 50 cal. M/L barrel with a Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40 on it, 7MM-08 barrel with a Nikon Buckmaster 3X9X40 on it, and last but not least I have the 12 Ga. shotgun barrel wit a BSA red dot scope on it. I am left handed and this setup is perfect for me. I always had trouble finding guns I was comfortable with. The only one I have shot so far is the shotgun barrel. I love the way it shoots but it will rock your world with a 3 inch 2oz. turkey load ;). Here is a pic of what I got.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: My new CVA OE setup!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 04:23:43 AM »

Welcome Aboard..

Looks like you got a nice set up with all of them...let us know how they do for ya ;)

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:27:10 PM »
Very nice. Hope that BSA holds up to the loads. I have seen many break.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Ol JohnnyBoy

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
Looks great. Congrats

Offline mgeorge

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »
I see you have the thumbhole stock on that setup.  Did you buy the MZ and then two accessory bbls., or did you buy a combo with one accessory bbl.?

I really want a thumbhole buttstock on a centerfire rifle.  However, they seem to only offer the thumbhold on the MZ config, not for the CF or the combo.  But the difference between the combo setup and the MZ + acc. bbl. + forestock is more than enough to justify getting the combo and then buying the TH buttstock after (if they sell them that way)...

Decisions, decisions...

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 01:11:41 PM »
You can buy that stock if you wanted it. Bass pro and others have them and you probably can order one from CVA if you want to pay MSRP.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline dbull35

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 02:21:00 AM »
I bought the M/L with the T/H stock first then I bought the other two barrels. I have an Optima M/L with the regular stock also. There is no comparison the T/H stock has a lot better feel to it. I have shot the C/F and the shotgun and both shoot great. I can't wait until the end of the month so I can try to make mush out of an old tom's head!!! ;)

Offline mgeorge

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 06:15:50 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I'll have to check with my dealer and see how to best acquire the setup I want.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mgeorge

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 09:03:42 AM »
Edited to remove ignorant question...

Offline 30-06man

Rick

Offline hogan65

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 07:42:12 AM »
I have the elite combo with the ML and a 223.  I bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods with the promise of a 300 Win Mag bbl.  They called me a month later and said they had discontinued the 300 bbl.  I wasn't happy.  Dick's never did anything to make it up to me after they convinced me to buy it  Would n't even return my 1/2 dozen or more calls.  CVA was great.  They couldn't get me the barrel I wanted, but did give me a ML starter kit, 2 packs of .50 cal power belts, and the 223 in stainless to make it up to me.  I like the 223 but haven't got to try th ML yet.  Any recommendations on best performing loads in this gun.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 04:19:22 PM »
Well since its a ML it can be anything. You need to start at the range with a bullet according to your ranges and what you are hunting. Then start with a good powder load for it and I would use loose power. A note if you are using T7 then 120 grains of loose power is a magnum load equal to 150 grains of blackpower or 3 50grain pellets!!

Rick

Offline oldrookie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
I have the elite combo with the ML and a 223.  I bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods with the promise of a 300 Win Mag bbl.  They called me a month later and said they had discontinued the 300 bbl.  I wasn't happy.  Dick's never did anything to make it up to me after they convinced me to buy it  Would n't even return my 1/2 dozen or more calls.  CVA was great.  They couldn't get me the barrel I wanted, but did give me a ML starter kit, 2 packs of .50 cal power belts, and the 223 in stainless to make it up to me.  I like the 223 but haven't got to try th ML yet.  Any recommendations on best performing loads in this gun.

I would start with 295g powerbelt and 90g of loose 777 FFg at 100 yards. That load should give you a real good idea what the gun can do. I run a spit patch down the barrel after every load. Now, if your going to do a lot of plinking, those powerbelts will make your eyes water price wise. My regular optima likes 300g xtps hp with mmp sabot. Good luck and have fun figuring out what the rifle likes best.