Author Topic: Good money after bad..  (Read 388 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Good money after bad..
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:59:21 AM »
    Good money after bad;
  It appears our pres has gone on a spending binge before his term ends..

1) Big bucks to Mexico to protect THEIR southern border..Seems we need that more to protect OUR southern border..
   the money will probably be lost in the Mexican govt corruption anyway, and neither border will benefit.

2) Calls to double the $15 billion dollar fund to "fight AIDS" in Africa...  I don't know how they are fighting AIDS..whether it is
    offensive or defensive; proactive or reactive.
       Are they actually attacking the cause, by sending someone to teach them monogamy & morals, or are they just trying to
   snuff out wildfires; meanwhile letting the millions of "fire bugs" continue on with their... "business as usual"..?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Re: Good money after bad..
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 01:16:40 AM »
  A slight correction is in order..
      I just saw a news report concerning the AIDS program;
       The President does want what he calls an A-B-C program, one that teaches morals, abstinence and prevention as well as treatment.

Unfortunately, there are liberals in our govt. that are fighting against the morals part !  ..Business as usual in Washington...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 02:11:31 AM »
"The President does want what he calls an A-B-C program, one that teaches morals, abstinence and prevention as well as treatment."

There is so much darned ignorance concerning AIDS in Africa that our money would just be wasted.   The dictator of South Africa, Mbeki,  had decreed that HIV does not cause AIDS.   The dictator of Mugabestan, formerly Rhodesia, claims that whity brought AIDS to Africa. 

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:12:06 AM »
I don't mind being charitable but I should be able to count the income taxes I pay as a deduction if it's going to be given away.  From the news reports I have been reading, there may be one disease worse than aids in Africa.  Something about ethnic cleansing using a machete.  It seems the fortunate ones that have life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are the ones that have aids. 

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:14:11 AM »
  So many African countries 4-5 decades ago, clamored for "independence" from the terrible colonial rule they had "suffered" under for so long. The Belgian Congo is no more ..as well as many other former colonies. Rhodesia now Zimbabwe etc...
  Under colonial stewardship the native people were not rich, but they had food on the table and were not getting chopped up with machetes or having burning tires placed around their necks, as was done to people by Winnie, the wife of Nelson Mandella.

Eventually they got their "freedom" and escaped colonial "harshness"...into what they have now..

I cannot think offhand, of a better example of the old axiom; " Be careful what you wish for..you may just get it !".

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »
Should Obama win the Presidency, how much more money do you think will go to Africa to reduce poverty by 50% by 2010?  Not to mention as President, he is in top position to execute his church's manifesto with regard to Africans.  How much more money will that be?  If we do not vote against this man and Hitlery, it is we, who will reap what we sow. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 03:57:12 PM »
deltecs;
   you are so right ! As it sits today, I am disappointed..
  If either of the Democrats get in, especially Sheik Obama..with his loyalties toward Africa, I am sure spending for such things would skyrocket,
   and then I would not be disappointed..but rather, I would be OUTRAGED !