Author Topic: "Dingy" Harry Reid and co., want us to be blindsided..  (Read 425 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
"Dingy" Harry Reid and co., want us to be blindsided..
« on: February 17, 2008, 06:43:10 AM »
  THe house passed a bill allowing our intel agencies to check in on terrorist conversations coming in from other countries.
  Surveillance of terrorist communications would be observed under strict rules and supervision.

m Dingy Harry and his Democrat cohorts will not let the bill come to the floor for a vote..

It appears he wants the US to be "surprised" again, as on 9/11/01.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: "Dingy" Harry Reid and co., want us to be blindsided..
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 07:51:48 AM »
We are ALREADY listening to conversations coming in, going out and even those going between other countries that don't even come to the US. So why do they need another bill? It's happening NOW. Even internet exchanges are being monitored.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »
The CIA,NSA and all those other so-called "intelligence agencies" have been intercepting and recording hundreds of millions of calls for decades.  We got to 9/11 because there were no Arabic speakers to read the stuff.   There are no Arabic speakers to read the stuff today. 

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 03:04:05 AM »
  THe house passed a bill allowing our intel agencies to check in on terrorist conversations coming in from other countries.
  Surveillance of terrorist communications would be observed under strict rules and supervision.

m Dingy Harry and his Democrat cohorts will not let the bill come to the floor for a vote..

It appears he wants the US to be "surprised" again, as on 9/11/01.

Maybe we live in different realities, or maybe I heard a later, or earlier version, but I heard that the Senate passed a bill overwhelmingly and Nancy Pilosi refused to bring it up to the House.

Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 04:36:21 AM »
  Same thing I heard..only Harry Reid was mentioned..the bill made it clear that it was specifically to be aimed at potential terrorists rather than normal, private citizens.
   The house approved it, but the "leadership" simply won't let it come to a vote...so the old bill expires..as does our specific ability to intercept these communications...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 02:02:01 AM »
Yep, the white house, FBI and the "intelligence" agencies whine that wiretaps are essential to something they call "national security."  Then the idiots forget to pay the phone bills and their wiretaps get disconnected. 

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=67584

"01/10/2008 08:42 PM                  ID: 67584 
FBI Wire Taps Disconnected
  The FBI has had some of their wiretaps disconnected by the telephone companies for the late payment of their telephone bills. This included some Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act eavesdropping.

Inspector General Glen Fine said, "We also found that late payments have resulted in telecommunications carriers actually disconnecting phone lines established to deliver surveillance results to the FBI, resulting in lost evidence".

Of 990 surveillance bills incurred by just five of its 56 field offices, over half were not paid on time. One telephone company was owed $66,000"

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 04:04:50 AM »
It's so good to know that some phone companies are more concerned about getting paid on time than the safety of the country.  Real patriots.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »
  Let's face it Magooch; about 45% of the people haven't a clue as to what patriotism really is !