Author Topic: Ammunition Accountability legislation...  (Read 1074 times)

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Ammunition Accountability legislation...
« on: February 19, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
The Ammunition Accountability movement is here...Check out this web page for state legislation in the works...Hopefully your state is not one of the ones that are considering it.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Ammunition Accountability legislation...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:24:43 PM »
Relentless SOB's aren't they?

Offline Oldtimer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 04:28:11 PM »
I read some of the legislation that the website linked to, and I can see why they  need help.  Much of it got sent to committee or carried over.  The likelihood of its being passed is slim to none.  Of course, in some of the legislation, the state agencies and police are exempted.  Just today, I saw an article about two police officers who were trying to kill a rabid fox and one of them ended up with a bullet in the leg.  Wouldn't it make the investigation of the shooting just as simple as the legislation suggests that civilian shootings would be?  Oh yes, they are  superior beings and shouldn't be subjected to the same rules as us mere mortals.  I also believe it will cost more that half a cent to engrave every pellet in a shotgun shell, as some of the bills seem to require.  I assume that it will be the responsibility of the shooter to make sure that the pellets hit with the numbers or letters to the back side, or  they could be charged with willfully removing the markings.  Wow, all this potential for days and weeks and months in court makes me think that it may still not be too late to go to law school.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 02:16:17 AM »
As I recall, the rest of Illinois is downstream from chicago and I think it's something in the lake water that infects the chicago political mind.  Similar, I think to the effect of the San Andreas Fault on the minds of kalifornikan politicians......... JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 03:51:57 AM »
I knew I was hoarding reloading components for a reason.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »
It's just another proposal to punish the law biding gun owners...It will not effect crime in any manner.  Criminals do not play by the rules.  They don't register their guns and they won't use this tainted ammo...Plus, if you don't leave any shell casings at the scene of a crime, what do the investigators have to go on?

I am curious how this will effect reloading...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »
As I recall, the rest of Illinois is downstream from chicago and I think it's something in the lake water that infects the chicago political mind.  Similar, I think to the effect of the San Andreas Fault on the minds of kalifornikan politicians......... JMTCW.  Mikey.

I'll have to agree with you Mikey, thankfully there are a few of us in the chicagoland area that are immune for some reason.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Bearcat 74

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »
This will make reloading noncoded ammo and brass illegal and all must be destroyed or disposed of by 2011 correct?