Author Topic: 1 in 28 twist  (Read 2953 times)

Offline 7bru

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 1 in 28 twist
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 04:56:14 AM »
no i didn't change the scope. before saturday when i would clean the bore i would use a brush and some patches with no 13.  a friend that went with me had some of the t 17 pre sat patches. kinda blue looking.

also i used a 12 ga shotshell that i use to use as a powder measure years ago on my knight disc.   I made it because i didn't like fooling around with a powder measure and hate pellets.  i just cut it off a little bit at a time until i got my knight rifle to shoot good.  just so happens the encore likes the same diet.

probally more of my problem has been how i cleaned the bore and too much powder.,

BRU

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »
no i didn't change the scope. before saturday when i would clean the bore i would use a brush and some patches with no 13.  a friend that went with me had some of the t 17 pre sat patches. kinda blue looking.

also i used a 12 ga shotshell that i use to use as a powder measure years ago on my knight disc.   I made it because i didn't like fooling around with a powder measure and hate pellets.  i just cut it off a little bit at a time until i got my knight rifle to shoot good.  just so happens the encore likes the same diet.

probally more of my problem has been how i cleaned the bore and too much powder.,

BRU

I would still measure my load. If you go on a hunt and forget your shotshell and you need to measure it then you can't. Also how many grains your shooting also. Just go and buy a power measure and use it and it will be much better and safer.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 03:31:16 AM »
Look at the bullet selection chart on the prbullet web-site.  The faster the twist- the heavier the conical.  I like both 400 grain White power punch & 460 grain No Excuse with fiber wad to reduce lead fouling.  With light charge of 80-90 grains of 777 this is deadly @  ranges of -100 yards with complete penetration.