Author Topic: Sustained accuracy from Handi's-USH's and Tracker II's  (Read 256 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Sustained accuracy from Handi's-USH's and Tracker II's
« on: February 23, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »
I was doing some reading and was interested in the threads were some of the members indicated that they had more problems with the break open designs having shot to shot repeatability vs. their bolt actions.

I only have the break open design for my whitetail hunting arms with 30-30 Toppers and 20 ga.Tracker II's. I have received good accuracy with my Tracker II's on par or even better than my Toppers at times. I usually shoot at my range in a deliberate fashion and have noticed fouling will create more of a deterrent than heating will, though I don't deliberately over heat a barrel. I have a Topper with lots of rounds thru it that is getting a little loose. Accuracy as far as I can tell doesn't seem to be affected as of yet.

For those of you with  Handi's-Trackers, or USH's are you experiencing any repeatable accuracy problems that cause you to put your arms away for awhile and then come back to them? Are the shotguns less susceptible because with ammunition being on the expensive side they are fired less.(we use our toppers for most practice)

I understand where a bolt action or falling block rifle is a more accurate platform than a handi might be, but I was wondering what your experiences were.