Author Topic: S&W Sigma  (Read 550 times)

Offline daddywpb

• Trade Count: (4)
S&W Sigma
« on: July 07, 2003, 11:13:39 PM »
Just picked up a SW9G for my wife at a gun show, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a spring kit available for the trigger. It shoots great, but the trigger is kind of heavy. Got a good deal on it too! :grin: Thanks for any info.
Steve

Offline Flint

• Trade Count: (0)
sigma
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 10:00:53 AM »
There may be a spring kit for it, but near as I can tell, lightening up the striker, which will lighten the pull will also lighten the strike on the primer.  At a real nice trigger pull, it probably won't fire.....
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
S&W Sigma
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 07:35:15 PM »
I've got a Sigma too...and I think the trigger pull is stiff by design.  You don't want the thing going off unexpectedly...right?

...Chris     :D
"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike!" Spiro Agnew

Offline daddywpb

• Trade Count: (4)
S&W Sigma
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 11:47:30 PM »
No...I don't want unexpected firing! I guess the best way to explain it is that the pull is smooth, but it stacks, like the older Colt DA revolvers used to do. There wasn't much that could be done about those either. It's controllable, but if there was a spring kit for it I'd get one. I didn't like the olive colored frame at first either, but it's growing on me, and the first 200 rounds fed flawlessly, and point of impact is right on the money.