Author Topic: Anti-Gun Sentiments of McCain  (Read 969 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
Anti-Gun Sentiments of McCain
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:21:05 AM »
Interesting link to article about McCain's virulent anti-gun sentiments.  This writer believes McCain would be worse for gun owners than a Democrat.  This is never an easy choice.  If a Democrat is President, the Republicans in  congress will oppose that President.  If we have another RINO Republican Presiident, however, that will largely paralyze the Republicans in Congress.    This is an interesting article on this crucial issue in this crucial election.  I am very conflicted on this issue.  I would enjoy hearing from others on this issue.

http://www.vdare.com/baldwin/080223_mccain.htm

Offline phalanx

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anti-Gun Sentiments of McCain
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 03:32:51 PM »
Face it ,a liberal will be in office in 2008. it matters not from what party.
Now is a good time to have a two party system.
We have that now you say ? no we do not.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »
Interesting link to article about McCain's virulent anti-gun sentiments.  This writer believes McCain would be worse for gun owners than a Democrat.  This is never an easy choice.  If a Democrat is President, the Republicans in  congress will oppose that President.  If we have another RINO Republican Presiident, however, that will largely paralyze the Republicans in Congress.    This is an interesting article on this crucial issue in this crucial election.  I am very conflicted on this issue.  I would enjoy hearing from others on this issue.

http://www.vdare.com/baldwin/080223_mccain.htm

Consider the source here.  Dr. Baldwin is a pastor and obviously believes in pro life.  His conservative preference is Ron Paul.  He has stated that Obama is the better candidate than McClain because of MCCAINS stance on firearms legislation.  What he doesn't mention is that Obama and Clinton are both F's also.  So, I think his statement regarding Obama is prejudiced by his preferential candidates loss to the Republican Party politics and is looking to get even.  The statements he argues against McCain are the same results for Obama and he now asks you to vote for him instead of McCain.  For what reason, when both candidates have the same liabilities, would a person vote outside his party?  To influence future party candidates?  I don't know or care right now.  Anyone who would vote for Obama over McCain deserves whatever they get.  McCain did sign the amicus brief in favor of Heller in the SCOTUS case D.C. v Heller.  Neither Obama, Dr. Baldwin's choice, nor Clinton did.  So, McCain is voting somewhat for firearms possession, while the other candidates did not.  How does this make him worse? The article quoted below indicates how Paul supporters are being used to discredit McCain.

Paul supporters also hoped to benefit from the second election, with local backers setting up a Web site, wastedvote2008.com, urging Democrats to ignore the meaningless primary on their side of the ballot for the chance to muck around in Republican Party politics.

“The key thing to realize here is that you have nothing to lose,” the Web site says. “Voting in the Republican primary is NOT a vote in favor of the Republican Party. Rather, it is an opportunity to stack the deck on the Republican side with your preference.”

Fox News 2/19/08   
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »
yes he did sign it now that he knows people are watching but look at his history when he thought it wouldn't be noticed  or didn't matter . There is a disaster coming for gun owners ,that light at the end of the tunnel you think you see in the D.C. case is an oncoming train.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 12:24:55 AM »
No matter who wins this election, gun owners are going to lose.

Just my opinion.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 07:57:35 AM »
No matter who wins this election, gun owners are going to lose.

Just my opinion.

alan

We have all learned to be pessimistic, but this year's election promises to be more complicated than originally thought. There's a potential split in the Democratic Party over the Clinton / Obama conflict and the GOP could win and be stronger in Congress.  Politics is not an exact science and whatever the outcome of this year's elections, we must summon our resolve and stick together.

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 04:56:51 AM »
  I agree with the group. Concentrate our efforts in the next Senate and House elections. We actually have some good one out there. Just keep tuned in to what the elected officials say.....Who would have thought there would have ever been a Federal Law that would entirely ban alcoholic beverages...... Even anti-gun persons drink.....Calculate those numbers.