Author Topic: a day with a rabbit  (Read 4310 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
a day with a rabbit
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:41:58 PM »
well i was awoke by something furry in my face that was licking me. It was cowgirl and i asked her what was up and got up to look. it was raining hard and i guess i was not going fishing or shooting today. so after eating i watch some t.v(nothing good was on) and then see a golf ball rolling over to me. cowgirl wanted to play and so i rolled it back to her and she rolled it back and we did this for 30mins. i go out to the porch and i see some staring in the field across the street.  i get my airgun and look at them in the scope and then i say " you think i can hit them form here?" cowgirl gives me a look like she does not care and i put a lawn chair out and that a rest.  the 1st one hits very low, the 2nd hits low to and the third find its mark. there at 50yards so i keep shooting and kill 6 before something makes them fly away. i look to see what she is doing and she looking over there like she saw the shots. i look in the scope and i see a coyote and i looked down to her and say " i going to make him dance" she looks at me like i am full of it but looks over to watch. i fire one into his but and he turns and bite at it. I say told you and fire again and hit his back making run for it. I say how about that but she not there. i put it away and i find her sleeping on my bed. so that what i did on this very raining day, oh i gave her a bath to.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jamaldog87

Re: a day with a rabbit
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:17:04 AM »
i was out walking cowgirl in the woods when she ran(hopped) in my lap. I got up and pulled out my 31'' baton(Closed length of 12-1/2" expands to 31") and asked her whats up. i look around and then i see 2 coyotes coming my way. i put up my rabbit and yelled at them but one of them kind of ran at me so i hit him very hard. he got the point and ran off. I took cowgirl home and got my bow. i came back and he was back again and i put my steel force arrow into his head at 35 yards.  I looked around for the other but he was long got.  one thing i hate is when people feed them, there not dogs or pets, the only time i have had a problem with them is when there have been feed wild ones run when they see people.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:17:21 AM »
got up at 9:30am and was sick.  after i got out of the bathroom i give food and water to cowgirl. i then left on the bus to go to the SPCA to do my volunteering. i spend i lot of time cleaning out pens and a woman asked me about a pit  she got the pit for a family dog and i go out to the field to check on the other animals. I milk some goats and taste the milk( taste good by the way) and go check on the cow and donkey. there ok and i see one of the goats has got it's self in some rope or something so i use my outdoor life knife and cut him loose and he rams me.  after getting my hours in i go home and let cow girl back out.

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 08:48:10 AM »
I'm sure this was brought up before, but who (what) is cowgirl?

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:29:23 AM »
got up at 9:30am and was sick.
you have to be more careful, didnt anyone ever tell you that rats+fire=get bites??   
one of the goats has got it's self in some rope or something so i use my outdoor life knife and cut him loose and he rams me.
i am sure there is material in there somewhere....

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »
all i can add is that the people of florida dont know how lucky they are havving you around to keep the local coyotes in check.  why, i think you are doing the public a real service with the vermin control. 

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 09:42:30 AM »
Interesting story...

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 09:48:01 AM »

one of the goats has got it's self in some rope or something so i use my outdoor life knife and cut him loose and he rams me.
i'd not use the word"goat" and "rope" in the same sentence.

Offline XD9

• Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 02:03:51 AM »

That's his "pet" rabbit... :-\
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 03:57:29 AM »
Yep, good name for a pet.  Even George Strait sings  "How about them Cowgirls"   Trouble is when my cowgirl gives you "the look" you better duck.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 04:47:56 AM »

That's his "pet" rabbit... :-\

That makes sense.

This stuff is the literary equivalent of the last 10 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 11:54:07 AM »

yeah cow girl is my pet rabbit. she like me alot cause i take REALLY good care of her. Some times i let her sleep up in my bed with me(so far she not pee on me).

Offline NONYA

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
Can you send me a water sample so I can synthesize it and produce the most powerful hallucinogen ever made?
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »
people let there dog sleep in the bed, why not my rabbit?? she is litter box train( it's easy if you send lots of time with your rabbit). Also i talk to her everyday and she knows a lot of thing that i have never told anyone.

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 12:40:33 PM »
 ;D :o ::) ???

Offline NONYA

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
Just fill a jar with your tap water and send it to me,Ill make it worth your while.

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »

Offline hillbill

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »
hey couldn't a rabbit be trained to sniff out and hunt other rabbits for your shooting enjoyment and supper? what could catch a rabbit but another rabbit? well or maybe a cheetah, but i havent heard of any good cheetahs for sale roun here lately.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 04:02:14 PM »
hey couldn't a rabbit be trained to sniff out and hunt other rabbits for your shooting enjoyment and supper? what could catch a rabbit but another rabbit?

Such a rabbit will be "sorted out"

I recall other famous turncoats

Inspector Highland from "Patriot Games"
Anna from "Guns of Navaronne"
Daryl in "Red Dawn"

its only a matter of time before the other rabbits come calling.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »
Daryl got what he deserved.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 02:44:42 AM »
hey couldn't a rabbit be trained to sniff out and hunt other rabbits for your shooting enjoyment and supper? what could catch a rabbit but another rabbit? well or maybe a cheetah, but i havent heard of any good cheetahs for sale roun here lately.
along the lines of what i would do.   i know rabbits love to procreate, and we capitolize on this trait in other game animals, why not rabbits?   jamal may be on to something here; or maybe just on something.    either way, he is still a guy with a rabbit as a pet. i have long said that there is something seriously serial about anyone who would make that pet choice. 

Offline XD9

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 02:59:47 AM »
Did jamal ever learn how to post pics?  I'd love to see a picture of him and his rabbit... ;D  I would also love to know if he actually believes all of this stuff he posts...

Offline norman

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
  • Liberal, Kansas
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »

Jamal and a fox......

....and I promised myself I wouldn't post here. ;D

Offline NONYA

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:48 AM »
I believe that he believes it,and thats all that really matters in this section..isnt it?

Offline XD9

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 08:51:42 AM »
I believe that he believes it,and thats all that really matters in this section..isnt it?

True...I keep coming back to see what he's going to post next so I'm not sure which is worse....him posting them or us wanting to read them... ;D ??? ;D

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »
pretty much that is how i see it.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:18 AM »
True...I keep coming back to see what he's going to post next so I'm not sure which is worse....him posting them or us wanting to read them...   
that is a question i have long pondered.  i still have no answer.    :-\

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 06:24:04 AM »
well after i got off of work at 4pm and took out cowgirl for a walk. we walked the woods for about a hour and i was talking to her when i looked up and saw a doe. the deer was just standing there looking at me and i was looking at it. after about 30secs it walk to me and cowgirl and put it noise down and started smell  my rabbit. aftter it did that it smelled me too and then looked at us both and walk away. we walked on and saw what was let of a baby deer that some stray dogs had killed. after i got back home i got my shovel and come back and put it in the ground  and let a small cross there.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »
You left out the part where you took your daily dose of LSD.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 03:05:44 AM »
i have had deer do funny things at times, especially when i am not hunting.  at times it seems they know you arent going to hurt them; perhaps our posture or some other part of body language they pick up on.  i also know that when i am hunting, if i look at a deer too long, they seem to 'feel' your stare.   and then other times it is totally different.  the only thing i know for sure with whitetails is nothing is for sure.