Poll

How do you feel about American Muslims?

I feel fine with American Muslims.
I think American Muslims are Traders.
Not sure.
I think all Muslims are terrorists

Author Topic: How do you feel about American Muslims?  (Read 13164 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
How do you feel about American Muslims?
« on: February 27, 2008, 04:41:18 AM »
How do you feel about American Muslims? One of the TV stations did a thing tonight about American Muslims. I just would like to know how you feel about American Muslims? I myself do not agree with their religion but do not believe they are all bad people. Let me know how you feel. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How do you feel about American Muslims?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:24:41 AM »
uh, dude, "traders"? 

Are you asking about Muslims or Arabs? 

Either way, in my opinion, you are implying some kind of prejudice. 

I dislike what I know of Islam as a practice.  But is is no less repressive than any other fundamentalist group including Mormons, Baptists, Pentecostals, etc. 

I don't think that worshiping God and saying that Allah is his name has anything to do with patriotism. 

Criticism and dissent do not equal sedition.  I am a Republican by choice.  I never agreed with the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan.  That doesn't make me a traitor, in my opinion.  But it is done now.  There is no taking it back.  We might as well kick the crap out them for the sake of my kids if nothing else. 

A lot of immigrants work like dogs.  Whether they are Mexican, Arab, or African, people come to the US to better their lives. 

And you know what else?  When people bust on them by saying,  "this is America, speak English" I think three things:  a) English isn't even a real language in the technical sense, b) my Grandfather spoke German, and c) just because I have a funny last name because some "real American" at Ellis Island couldn't spell my paternal Great-Grandfather's real name doesn't make ME less of an American. 

Offline skifastchad

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:26:27 AM »
I know two Asian Muslims who are stock traders.  ;)

Do I think they are traitors?  No. I won't accuse them of being traitors, as I won't take part in the Jihad.

Offline neophyte

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 06:02:38 AM »
 I choose to see a man/woman in the context of how they conduct their lives
rather than any particular Religious beliefs they may hold. When politics gets entwined
in that it becomes a muddy issue. 

Peace of Christ be with you.

Offline Moss88hunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 06:55:42 AM »
Although I do not agree with their beliefs I do not have anything against them as long as they don't try to make me change my beliefs.  Who am I to judge them? After all this country was founded on the basis of religious freedom. They can do their thing and I will do mine.

Evan
"It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six!"

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »
Hmmmmm?  While not PC...I don't trust them.

Offline blackpowderbill

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
This nation was founded by Jews and Christians for Jews and Christians.  Islam has been after world domination since its inception. My personal opinion is that it is a Satanic cult; it twists the true word of G-d into perversion and then uses that as an excuse to commit all manner of criminal insult upon the world. For these reasons I do not want them in my country.
People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »
We see the changes that increasing Muslim presence in Europe and Great Britain has brought.  The Muslim immigrants are not content to become assimilated into European society, they want European society to become assimilated into Islam.  The riots in France in 2006 were Muslim riots, but most of the news media was afraid to call them what they were for fear of offending the Muslims.  The fear was less from political correctness than out of fear for their lives.  They want their religious law, Sharia law, to become the law of the land,  and the archbishop of the Church of England has publicly stated that it should be.  And we all have seen the sign from England: "Behead those who insult the prophet and Islam".  They want tolerance, but are not willing to be tolerant.

Mosques in the U.S. are being funded by Saudia Arabia with our money, but they will not even allow a Bible into their country.

Don't forget that the 9/11 terrorists were all Muslim.  I believe that the average Muslim just wants to live in peace, but will support the fundamentalists out of fear when called to do so. 

They want chaos in the world.  They do not want prosperity for the masses since that would bring contentedness and would weaken their cause.  Mark Twain's comment:  "Rags, wretchedness, poverty and dirt, those signs and symbols that indicate the presence of Moslem rule more surely than the crescent-flag itself" (The Innocents Abroad) seems to be generally true.

I feel that the Muslims in this country will turn out to be just the way they are everywhere else.  Watch out!

Offline jhm

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »
I didn't pick any of the choices, after a career with G M, and owning a couple Gun shops, and being involved with a Pawn Shop I usually look at and deal with a person on a one to one perspective, this could go on and on as to what abt. Italians, Jews, Indians, REDNECKS, etc.etc.  Not my Favorite type of poll.  Sorry if I sound negative I am really not.   JIM

Offline Questor

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
Since largely muslim countries are growing far faster than North American or European countries, we can expect a large influx of muslims into our population.  Expect islam to affect U.S. domestic policy making starting very soon. Also expect a good deal of friction between the islamic community and the community at large, as has been seen in the European countries. Within ten years Mohammed will be one of the top five names given to newborn babies in the U.S.

I believe that capitalism as in the U.S. is one of the great enemies of terrorism because it gives potential terrorists a path to success in life rather than the despair that encourages terrorism in the middle east. However, with 40% of U.S. adults not participating in the income tax system, and the bottom 50 percent of wage earners only paying 3% of of the income tax we now have a moral hazard. Entitlements will allow people to live on the dole, and it is possible that many incoming muslims will use the entitlements as the basis of their lifestyles. We know from the history of Northern Ireland, where whole families had nobody employed from the 1920's to the 1980's what kind of trouble that can cause. This idleness was the fuel for the IRA terrorism in Northern Ireland. Idleness could become fuel for Islamic terrorism here.
Safety first

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
Don't know !
In the USA we have separation of church and state . As a State in the world The USA decides its own way to deal with events . Even treaties we sign because we choose to . Muslims on the other hand govern from the religion and to fight one is to fight all . We make the mistake that all people if given the chance would want what we want and have , a very bad mistake on our part ( Muslims are not the only people fitting this miscalculation ) . We should then ask why are Muslims then moving out of their traditional world and into ours ? The short answer would be EXPANSION . Same reason our fore fathers moved to new places !
What I don't know is how one can be both a loyal American and a loyal Muslim . This is not a cut in any way I just don't know how ! Who will they side with if all Muslims are called to war against Christianity or America ? It seems the Muslim of today could be more threat than the Japanese Americans of WW-2 fame if war comes . We now look back at that as a mistake , but they called themselves Americans ! and they were and are . when people call themselves ? Americans  things get a bit cloudy IMHO !
The times we live in are very dangerous to say the least and all true Americans should be watchful as to what outsiders and dual citizens are doing in our country ! If they truly like our way then we welcome them if they wish to make us them . we need to send them packing !
WE MUST PROTECT OUR WAY OF LIFE !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »
I voted ......not sure.     45% of the voters did as well.   So I`m on the fence so to speak.   

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »
It all depends on which Muslems you are talking about. The ones thay come to America, fit in, work
try to better their life, learn to speak ENGLISH i have no problem with. When the Germans, french,
Italians,Russians, Polish came here they were all looking for the same thing, abetter life, wonder why
they all started speaking ENGLISH (not a real language) because they wanted to fit in.
I do Have a problem with Muslems that tell me they are not going to fit in and they will take over
this country and say their religion says i must secum to it or die, Yes i have i have a problem with them.
Bluebayou do you speak English or German now. ;D
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »
how do you ID a good Muslim vs, a bad one ?
see the problem ? the best we can do is accept the ones that obey the law of the USA and deal with those that do not !

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »
how do you ID a good Muslim vs, a bad one ?
see the problem ? the best we can do is accept the ones that obey the law of the USA and deal with those that do not !
I agree. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 08:05:45 PM »
I guess if you were to find one with a bomb strapped to him that would would be a bad one. Dale

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »
a target in some circles !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »
Has anyone noticed the Muslim dating service ad ?
Aren't their Marriages arranged ?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
  Why do so many people pretend to be completely uninformed and naive ? Does creeping PC cause us to play dumb ?

We have seen 3,000 fellow Americans and others burned to a crisp, flight 93 crashed in PA, a plane smashed into the Pentagon, 273 Marines murdered in their sleep in Lebanon, embassies bombed in Kenya & elsewhere..and the Khobar Towers bombed in Saudi Arabia.
  We have witnessed the damage to the USS Cole, with 17 dead and others injured, observed planes hijacked world-wide..seen construction workers burned crispy and hung on a bridge, reporters and other non-combatants beheaded, were shown videos of "justice" in Afghanistan ..where women were shot in the head "execution style" as apublic spectacle.
   News reports have shown the aftermath of pizza parlors, nightclubs, day care centers and teen hangouts being treated to a high-explosive cocktail. We even saw a Russian grade school held hostage, and before conclusion many, many children were murdered.
   We have seen controversial film makers murdered for the the choice of films they chose to make...even writers and cartoonists have had to go into hiding..to avoid being murdered.
   People have been sent to hammer-mill grinders..often feet-first, so their torturers could relish their screams a bit longer..some dissadents thrown from roofs, some had tongues cut out, eyes gouged, and hands and feet severed.
  Missionaries worldwide have been captured, tortured and killed, teachers are being killed for teaching school and parents murdered for sending their kids to school..while four
 girls were murdered and mutilated for walking to their Christian school....
     The Munich Olympics were destroyed by much of the Israeli team being murdered, the Achille Lauro cruise ship held hostage and an old man named kilnghoffer thrown overboard with his wheelchair..hundreds died in a plane bombing in Lockerbie Scotland....and countless acts of senseless terror perpetrated upon a civilized world that is trying to be "fair minded"...

So, I ask YOU..what did every perpetrator of every one of these crimes have in common ?   Blue eyes, light or dark skin, blond, brown or black hair..short, tall, thin, fat,
   healthy, handicapped, liberal, conservative ?  No..none of those..the one thing that was shared by all these terrorists and evidently motivated them was ..Islam..

Come on ! Be real guys, quit hiding you heads in the sand..you know as well as I do what kind of glue unites just about ALL of the world's terrorists..

The most ironic thing about it is that these killers, almost to a man, insists he did it to serve his God.. What kind of God is that ?

Now, I don't believe in persecuting anyone because of a demographic group they may be part of..but i would be very cautious in any dealings with them .
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 10:03:14 AM »
I guess my last post went to never-never land.
They have be preaching death to the infidels(that is shootall and ironglow) since before the American
Indian killed his first buffalo.
I think if we can't do anything else we need to watch them very close. and i don't know how you do that, other than just be prepared.
Rex

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 10:04:55 AM »
you missed the theme , they become Americans in the model of Americans or they are bad ones !
They have to choose ! Just like all of the other people that come here .

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »
So i am an infidel ? that anything like a Redneck ?

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »
I don't believe anyone can be both a devout (notice I didn't say good?) muzlim and a good American as they are pretty much mutually exlusionary. If you look at what the Koran teaches them then you'll have to agree that does not mesh well with American values. To believe otherwise is a foolish and blind path to take.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 10:16:37 AM »
I don't think i missed anything.
I believe that some not all come here become American just to be here when their time comes
to blow something up. Why is it that the socalled good muslem don't speak out against the ones
that are terrist, why don't they try to stop them. I have a feeling that the terrist would be harder on them an us infidels. to me the whole idea is you don't come here and say i am an American, you have to be an American. to me that means becoming a part of,some of the guys that flew the planes on 9-11
were here for a long time learning to be pilots. thats why i say we have to watch what is going on

Yea Shootall, i think being a redneck is probably the highest form of infidel.
Rex

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »
REX6666 , good point and one we can make !
we send our military to fight and if while under fire they aren't 1000% squeaky clean then they get imprisoned !
A Muslim blows up 3000 Americans and NO COMMENT !
GO FIGURE !
NO I"M NOT PC !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
THEM MAYBE I ARE ONE !

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 10:44:15 AM »
I think the American people want to hold their fighters above reproach, and when some get out of line all hell breaks loose, America will not tolerate it, but the people we are up against now is unlike
any foe our fighters have seen. They will kill their own to get to us. Some how some way the American people have to understand this ain't your grandads or dads war we are fighting now.
It is hard for me to say all Muslims are bad, but Muslims are the only one saying they want to kill
me, my friends, my family, and anyone else that won't become a muslim You never hear of an American
Muslim denocing the terrorist, and probably never will, they have a common belief.
Rex

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »
The thing that gets me is those people have been killing each other since Bible times. What makes our government think we are ever going to change that. Dale

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »
Trying to pin down the word "muslim" is like trying to pin down the word "Christianity". There is no one size fits all definition.  There are as many sects to the muslim religion as there are to the Christian religion.  And they are as diverse and as extreme.  Unfortuately, all you see on TV are the extremes.  I daresay there are muslims that believe all Christians bomb abortion clinics and kill family counseling doctors. 
So before you ask what do I think of muslims, you have to tell me which muslims.  Hells, there's a bunch of these knee-jerk psudo Christians that I don't think very much of.
If you're old enough to remember, many of these same questions were asked about Catholics when John Kennedy was running for President. In hindsight, they seem pretty silly.
Going back further, the question was asked at the onset of WW2: could boys from Penn and the like who's home language was german be depended on the serve honorably in Europe?  And young men, who's parents of Japanese heritage were in concentration camps on the west coast, were drafted to serve our/their country, but only in Europe.
We have a fine tradition of bigotry in America, why stop now? :D

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »
If we follow Jewish and Christian precepts, murder is wrong.  Yet, the American people who are Christian, commit hundreds to thousands of murders a year in the US.  I think any religious fervor that mandates compliance with its accepted belief to be unacceptable to me for any organized religion.  I know several Muslim citizens, who do not follow the strict tenets of Islam.  If fact, one jokes about being a "Jack Muslim" and imbibes alcohol in quantities.  I've known this man for over 20 years and can call him a friend, a term I do not use lightly.  I don't impute the actions of Muslim religious extemists to him.  He has incorporated himself and family into American society and I've never heard of him attempting to convert any of his associates into his religion.  He may be the extreme rather than the norm, I don't know.  I do think that anyone, who legally immigrates to America and integrates into our government system and society, with intents and actions to Americanize, should be accepted.  It is those, who wish to instill their previous culture, language, religion, and government here, that I find to be the problem.  
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.