Poll

How do you feel about American Muslims?

I feel fine with American Muslims.
I think American Muslims are Traders.
Not sure.
I think all Muslims are terrorists

Author Topic: How do you feel about American Muslims?  (Read 13160 times)

Offline Elijah Gunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: How do you feel about American Muslims?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »
I say woodchukhntr and Ironglow have got this pegged right. Islam is going for world dominance and intends to KILL any who wont accept their false religion.
Regards, Mark
What will you say on Judgement Day?

The BANKERS win every war.

When gardening for food is outlawed, I'll BE an outlaw.

Offline youthpastorjon

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »
While I disagree with the practices and beliefs of the Muslim community I have no right to question their patriotism.  In fact one of the things that makes America great is that we can practice our beliefs freely. 

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 01:24:45 PM »
I can answer the question on how to tell a good mislim from a bad one. It's just like cats, a dead one is agood one.

This cult called Islam was started by a murduring, thieving child molester. Can we expect anything good out of the followers of this cretin?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
Like Graybeard said, American, and muslim don't go together. Can't be a good muslim and be a real American. Their devils handbook is the same for all of them.
blubayou. Wrong. This IS AMERICA, we speak English here, learn it, speak it, or GET OUT. I'm fed up with seeing signs, and everything else in English and spanish. No reason for that crap. They want to work here, live here, fine, but we speak English, not yabba dabba dooooooo. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »
It all depends on which Muslems you are talking about. The ones thay come to America, fit in, work
try to better their life, learn to speak ENGLISH i have no problem with. When the Germans, french,
Italians,Russians, Polish came here they were all looking for the same thing, abetter life, wonder why
they all started speaking ENGLISH (not a real language) because they wanted to fit in.
I do Have a problem with Muslems that tell me they are not going to fit in and they will take over
this country and say their religion says i must secum to it or die, Yes i have i have a problem with them.
Bluebayou do you speak English or German now. ;D

I got ya.  I speak English and my Grandfather learned to speak English.  But, he spoke German at home.  My gripe is that it doesn't make someone less of an American or a wannabe American if he can't speak English. 

Now, I firmly believe that the English/spanish signs and phone menus are about one thing:  MONEY.  My large employer wants the Spanish speaking people's money.  My point is that you shouldn't judge someone who hasn't learned English YET, Can't learn English, or is too old, or doesn't have the means to learn English. 

Why do you think that port cities like New Orleans, Philadelphia, New York, have similiar accents from the Irish and Italians?  They didn't learn to speak English overnight.

I am not going to change anyone's minds about Muslims and that's cool. 

I am not a pacifist.  I don't believe that I have my head in the sand. 

To be blunt:  I think that we let the news color our view of the country and the world.  If all that I see is black people being arrested on tv then it is easy to think that blacks commit all crime.  But they don't.  They don't even commit the majority of crime.  Whitey does.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/cvus0502.pdf

Look at page 28 for the year 2005.  I know that this isn't a good arguement in the debate sense.

There are (or were) more white people in the US.

Alright, that being said.  I ask you Muslim-haters this:  you all support the Constitution, right?  you don't get to pick and choose.  YOu can't take the 2nd Amendment and ignore what YOU want.  The First Amendment guarantees the right to freedom of religion, speech, press, and assembly.  The 5th and 6th have to do with the rights of the accused and due process. 

Now taking away the rational, I ask this:  If all the 9/11 guys were Arab Muslims and specifically Saudis and they were funded by a relative of the House of Saud.................then why aren't we as a country taking a good hard look at the Saudis instead of screwing around in Afghanistan? 

you have all heard that "patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel".  Samuel Johnson also said:

"It is the quality of patriotism to be jealous and watchful, to observe all secret machinations, and to see public dangers at a distance. The true lover of his country is ready to communicate his fears, and to sound the alarm, whenever he perceives the approach of mischief. But he sounds no alarm, when there is no enemy; he never terrifies his countrymen till he is terrified himself. The patriotism, therefore, may be justly doubted of him, who professes to be disturbed by incredibilities..."

Everyone is so scared of Mexicans, Arabs, whatever.  This is still the greatest country on the planet.  We have still done the most good in the name of God and for freedom of any country in history.  Just don't live in fear. 

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2008, 06:50:19 PM »
I am a white, German/Irish-Italian American Methodist by the way.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008, 12:21:57 AM »
  Let's get one thing straight..I didn't say attack or mistreat Muslims who seem to be trying to peacefully assimilate..I only said that we should be wary in the extreme..
  And I emphasized EXTREME, by first submitting a very short list of but a few of the terrorist acts committed in the name of their god.
         If the same acts were committed by Methodists, Posse Comitatus groups, Masons, Libertarians, fox trappers, Jehovah's Witnesses,meat packers union, Mormons or
  Daughters of the American Revolution...I would start to wonder just what they are preaching to each other at their meetings.
      It would seem, only logical, that after the 4,897th fellow American was blasted, beheaded, burned to a crisp or emasculated and tortured to death by some
   some Mormons, for instance, that I for one, would start wondering..what's with these Mormons ? Would it not be sensible then, to start watching Mormons with an
     extremely  WARY eye ?

Fortunately, I believe the Mormons and every other group mentioned in the example group, have no murderous intentions (sorry Mormons)...But I would be willing to wager, if I were a wagering man..that if 15 bombings or grisly murders occurred in the next year involving fox trappers or Masons, there would be marches, riots, witch hunts
  and average members of those groups would be hounded out of the country. 

I ask you then..if such were to happen, would it not simply be prudent to be extra wary when dealing with fox trappers or Masons ? ..My apologies to fox trappers and
   Masons..just used as an example..

So then, just why are some among us willing to give this group called Islam, that is connected with thousands of such incidents..a free pass ?

I am not advocating the mistreatment of anyone, just suggesting alertness..in the extreme..

Blue;
       Don't know where language came into the mix, but as with many others my ancestors spoke German and Gallic (Scots highlander) when they arrived, but
     assimilated into the dominant culture..evidently they were smart enough not to try "spitting into the wind". A second or third language is good, used in it's context.
  ..But to keep one united nation, and that nation running efficently, there should be an official language .

Deltecs;

Please don't assume that because one is an American, he/she is a Christian. One is not born a Christian..one must make a solemn, clear commitment to the Lord
    to become one.
   Some folks even think that since their parents claimed to be Christians, that they are automatically "Christian"..Let me assure you, God has only children..He has
    no grandchildren !  ...And we must be adopted into his family in order to become his child. (John 1:12)

Even so guys, Christians DO commit crimes, but if Christians suddenly went on a destructive rampage such as we have seen erupt in just the last 20 years, one would
  be perfectly justified in being suspicious of Christians....And can you imagine what the Ted Turners & ACLUers of the world would be saying ?
      In the present situation, the ACLU types have insisted that our govt furnish Korans for terrorists lodged in Club Gitmo..but they don't dare to furnish anyBibles at govt
   expense for our troops..

I was educated in Baptist theology..if Baptists were often involved in terrorist attacks..no one would be screaming louder than I against outrages by some
  terrorists calling themselves Baptists, and I would start a covert operation to root out such criminals..

So, why don't we hear great outrage from the "peaceful Muslims" ? I do hope there are covert operations started by them..but if there are, we are not privy to
   any results.
           I have no hate for TRULY peaceful Muslims or any of the above mentioned groups mentioned above..but let's not be an ostrich either...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 02:14:21 AM »
They have been fighting since Bible times , Christians have had to push them back several times to stop them from taking over ! nothing new !
America is a Christian country and in fact alot of murders and killings take place here . But not all Americans are Christians nor are all killings wrong ! By the way Muslims killed 3000+ here ! not us ! how many murders here were religious in nature ? how many in the Muslim world are religion related ?
Please explain how Muslims can say they believe in the same Bible we do and have suicide bombers ? or torture their own , abuse women and children in the name of God ?
I don't want to be like them , I am not sympathetic to their cause and i do not wish to live in a community that condones their beliefs !
They may be the single biggest threat we will ever face !
keep in mind we have a form of GOVT. that welcomes them while they have a Govt. run by the Religion that makes it a point to forbid us entry !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline powderman

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2008, 03:32:49 AM »
Bluebayou. Every convert to islam is a soul lost to God, and gained by satan himself. As for english, I was referring to those who REFUSE to learn and speak it. To live and work here and refuse to learn and speak English is rude and disrespectful and should not be allowed. A local womans son was murdered here, she and papa are illegals, she was orderred deported 12 years ago but chose to disobey our laws and disrespect America. She still needs an interpreter cause she refuse to learn or speak english. Her son would be alive if she had gone home when ordered to. I have no use for folks like that. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 03:36:34 AM »
when in Rome do as Romans do !
makes sense !

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2008, 04:19:44 AM »
I don't think anyone is asking some one learn to speak English overnight or in 3-4 mo.
I don think you can tell when a person is tyring, I have been told buy a co. receptionist we HAD
that this having to speak English when she answered the phone was not right, after all
this is Ft. Worth. I tried to explain that it was Ft. Worth,TX, AMERICA not Tampico Mx.
Their is a movement here among the young to not speak English at all.
Back to the muslims, they are the only people in the world that have openly said they are going to kill us and have shown us they mean business. Like Ironglow said no one else has said or done
what they have, so why can't the American people understand. I don't care what language you
speak at home, wish i could speak a diff. language, but if you are going to do bus. in America you
need to learn English. I have been told i need to learn spanish, my answer is I AM AN AMERICAN IN AMERICA, if i was some where else tyring to make a living i would learn their language, have gone into convience stores and had to wait until some conversation(that i could not understand was over to
payfor my gas. Sorry about the rant about language but i am about full of AMERICA NEEDS TO CHANGE
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008, 04:31:55 AM »
I lived in south Miami for a couple years in the early 90'S. You would be amazed how many people there do not speak English. I went into a convenice store at lunch and could not order a sandwich because no one there spoke English. Before I moved away from there I saw on the news the all papers printed in the court houses there in Miami would be printed in Spanish and you would have to ask for an English copy if you did not speak Spanish. I don't know if the ever went through but that is crazy. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2008, 10:03:57 AM »
My grandparents were Polish immigrants in the early 1900's.  They came here to escape the lousy conditions in their homeland and to partake of the American dream.  They came here to be changed into Americans, not to change the U.S. to be the same as where they came from.  They got crummy jobs since all of the good jobs were taken by those of previous immigration waves.  They learned English and sent their children to public schools where they were taught in English.  They became citizens and were proud of it.  They were also proud of their heritage, as were their children and grandchildren, but had become Americans and would fight for their new country.  They fought our enemies to keep their new country free, not against their new country to enslave it to a alien diety.  They worshiped God, the God that blessed this country, not Allah, who wants to curse this country.

I am disappointed that our forefathers did not see fit to make English the official language. And I question the laws that make anyone born in this country an American citizen, we are paying a great price for that!  How many other countries in the world do that?  Saudi Arabia, Japan, I think not!

If they are not willing to accept our freedom and values, if they are not willing to learn how to speak English, if they don't want to become Americans, then they should go back home!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 10:11:23 AM »
if it walks like a duck , if it Quacks english like a duck , if it looks like a duck ! it must be a duck !
IF IT DON"T IT AIN"T A DUCK OR AMERICAN !

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »
Trust them about as far as I can throw one. They want their way and law in their country, and they want it in this country too. To many stories in the last couple years, Muzzy cab drivers refuse to pick up a fair if they think that person has been drinking. Women working as a check-out clerks refuse to ring up pork, because it's against their religion. Fathers killing their daughter because their becoming ''too Americanized"!!  Over in England they don't even want to use the term radical Muslim extremists, so as not to offend anybody. Will not belong when the political correctness in this country pushes to that level. Trouble is, even the one's that really want to belong, assimilate, will never turn on the radical ones, and inform on them. It's against their religion. Troubling times ahead.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline powderman

« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »
My grandparents were Polish immigrants in the early 1900's.  They came here to escape the lousy conditions in their homeland and to partake of the American dream.  They came here to be changed into Americans, not to change the U.S. to be the same as where they came from.  They got crummy jobs since all of the good jobs were taken by those of previous immigration waves.  They learned English and sent their children to public schools where they were taught in English.  They became citizens and were proud of it.  They were also proud of their heritage, as were their children and grandchildren, but had become Americans and would fight for their new country.  They fought our enemies to keep their new country free, not against their new country to enslave it to a alien diety.  They worshiped God, the God that blessed this country, not Allah, who wants to curse this country.

I am disappointed that our forefathers did not see fit to make English the official language. And I question the laws that make anyone born in this country an American citizen, we are paying a great price for that!  How many other countries in the world do that?  Saudi Arabia, Japan, I think not!

If they are not willing to accept our freedom and values, if they are not willing to learn how to speak English, if they don't want to become Americans, then they should go back home!

Well said Sir. POWDERMAN.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2008, 06:52:54 PM »
As for our forefathers not having foresight to make English the national language, what about our leaders now who refuse to do it, knowing the problems associated with more than one national language?  If you cannot speak English you must be an illegal immigrant since legal immigrants who are citizens, are required to be able to speak English.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline deltecs

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
By the way, Alaska has a State law that all government meetings, records and laws be strictly in English.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008, 10:24:16 PM »
There is no such thing of a good Muslim. A dead Muslim is a good Muslim. They hate us this country needs to stop letting them in here.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2008, 01:36:42 AM »
fore sight of our fore fathers , guess they didn't take the DUMBING down of America serious !
they also gave little quarter to our enemies !

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2008, 02:14:15 AM »
fore sight of our fore fathers , guess they didn't take the DUMBING down of America serious !
they also gave little quarter to our enemies !

It wasn't that they didn't take it serious, they never considered it even possible!  They anticipated that the new country would be a land of opportunity and that all would improve themselves because of the new freedom that they won.  Of course, everybody was expected to pull their own weight, not put on weight in front of a TV that the taxpayers were providing for them.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2008, 02:18:33 AM »
when did they invent welfare ? guess as long as they pay people to be on it they will have a line waiting to start !

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2008, 03:57:57 AM »
I feel the same way about Muslims as any other foreign people group.  I believe in the MELTING POT concept where all foreigners would melt into a unique AMERICAN people & culture.  Multiculturalism weakens our society by dividing us up into diverse people groups and is contrary to what used to make USA 1 great nation, Under GOD, indivisible, with liberty & justice for all.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2008, 05:25:40 AM »
I agree with rebAL,  The trouble with today's immigrants is that they want all the benefits that this country has to offer but do not want to make any effort to be part of our culture.    My grandparents on both sides came threw Elise Island way back when.  And like the vast majority of immigrants of their time they wasted no time in learning English and doing their best to become "good American citizens".   They referred to America as "home" and the places they left as "the old country".   They still held on to old family traditions but were quick to embrace the ways of this country.  They were very proud to become American citizens. 

But getting back to the original question.  I do not trust any Muslims.  I think that deep down in their hearts they all agree with their radical brethren or else they would be quick to condemn their terrorist acts.   You rarely here any so called "good" Muslim individual or organization speak out against terrorism or offer any kind of sympathy or assistance to any victims of terrorism.   As far as I'm concerned if they don't make any stand against it they must condone it.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2008, 05:50:52 AM »
The problem with the Muslim religion is that a literal translation of their so called bible calls for violence against all non muslims.  Therefore, the only good muslim is one who does not interpret their bible literally. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell who is who without getting inside their heads.

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2008, 06:23:28 AM »
But getting back to the original question.  I do not trust any Muslims.  I think that deep down in their hearts they all agree with their radical brethren or else they would be quick to condemn their terrorist acts.   You rarely here any so called "good" Muslim individual or organization speak out against terrorism or offer any kind of sympathy or assistance to any victims of terrorism.   As far as I'm concerned if they don't make any stand against it they must condone it.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2008, 06:44:07 AM »

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2008, 01:12:36 PM »
   Just be wary...and don't elect one president,,,DUH !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »
I'm really surprised that so far about 19% here actually trust these muslim vermin. It goes to show you that this multiculturalism propaganda is working onnthe weak minded and young.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2008, 01:25:32 PM »
  So Google pops this advertisement on the bottom of a page of this thread... :o
   ..Yes; I know GB has no real control over the ads..so blame Google..not  GB !