Author Topic: A very sad day in Pittsburgh Steelers history.  (Read 348 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
A very sad day in Pittsburgh Steelers history.
« on: February 28, 2008, 01:06:53 PM »
This is a very sad day in Pittsburgh Steelers History. :( Myron Cope died today. I grew up listening to this man on the Radio and TV. He was a huge part of Pittsburgh and I feel like I lost a friend today. He has had bad health problems the past couple years and every now and again the local news channels would interview him since he retired. I remember the last interview they did with him I thought he really looked bad and felt for him. Here is a link to a story on his death. Dale           http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/legendary-steelers-announcer-cope-dies/20080227102309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: A very sad day in Pittsburgh Steelers history.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:15:09 PM »
Myron had an autistic Son. Myron donated the franchise rights to the "Terrible Towel" to the Pittsburgh Autism Foundation (I could have the organizations name wrong). But because of Myron's generous giving, this Pittsburgh "home" for Autistic services has received millions in funding. Myron was a Pittsburgh guy and one that will be missed.

Dave

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »
Dave I see you live in SW Pa. Where? I also live in SW Pa. I live in a little town called Scottdale. It is about 50 miles SE of Pittsburgh. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 12:50:36 AM »
Dale, I know where Scottdale is. I use to work a small job once a summer there. Your right  off of route 119. Nice quiet town. I live in Harrison City. You know....the "big city". We just got 2 more traffic signals....so now we have 4!!! Big times here I tell ya! ;D

Dave