Author Topic: Glock 21 (45 ACP) vs Springfield XD 45 vs S&W M&P 45  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Wambo

• Trade Count: (0)
Glock 21 (45 ACP) vs Springfield XD 45 vs S&W M&P 45
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »
Not to take anything away from gt40's original post regarding XD 45 vs M&P 45, but I wanted to add the Glock 21 to the fray. I was very interested in the responses that gt40 got but since I was looking at the Glock 21 as well as the XD and M&P, I wanted to get some more opinions.

Thanks!

Bob

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Glock 21 (45 ACP) vs Springfield XD 45 vs S&W M&P 45
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:21:56 PM »
Glocks are great guns. Probably one of the best bottom feeders made but I just cant bring myself to own one. I guess its kind of like buying a Jap bike when for the same money i can buy a harley. the jap bike is a very good machine and will probably run forever but riding one is kind of like wearing your wifes underware.
blue lives matter

Offline Wambo

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:03:03 AM »
Glocks are great guns. Probably one of the best bottom feeders made but I just cant bring myself to own one. I guess its kind of like buying a Jap bike when for the same money i can buy a harley. the jap bike is a very good machine and will probably run forever but riding one is kind of like wearing your wifes underware.

LOL!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
Of the three, I'd take the Glock 21 over the other two. It has a track record that the other two just can't touch. Of course, they haven't been around as long. I don't think any gun has been tested as much as the Glock, and it always comes out on top. Accurate, and easy to shoot, it's even my wife's favorite gun. I've heard the new ones even have a slimmer grip, too.

I'm sure the Springfield and S&W will probably turn out to be fine guns, but the next ten years or so will tell the story.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Castaway

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:42:11 AM »
See the Jan, 08 "Gun Test" magazine.  It compares the Glock21 against a Smith M&P along with an H&K USP 45C.

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 08:41:15 AM »

Lloyd, don't forget that the Japs introduced us to aluminum mated to cast iron and cheapened up motorcycles in the process? Even my '95 Wideglide now has this feature. Now they all want to have the Harley sound???
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »
See the Jan, 08 "Gun Test" magazine.  It compares the Glock21 against a Smith M&P along with an H&K USP 45C.

Which one did they like best?
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Wambo

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 03:09:48 PM »
I have read the Jan. '08 test (all .45 acp) and they picked the M&P 1st (A-), Glock 2nd (B+), and H&K last (C-).  Too bad the XD wasn't in the test.  The only test Gun Test Magazine did of the XD and M&P, which was a comparison of the .40 cal M&P vs the .45 acp XD, which doesn't help me much.  I prefer comparing the same caliber, but I guess that the .45acp M&P wasn't available at the time