Author Topic: did you even notice.  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Inrut24/7

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
did you even notice.
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:19:53 AM »
On the 2007 and 2008 h&r nef catologs the hunter on both covers is carrying an over under shotgun, When was the last time h&r made an over and under? I wouldnt think it would be to hard to give a hunter a topper deluxe and snap a few pics for the cover, just a thought.  ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: did you even notice.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:13:13 AM »
That goes along with the left hand Survior on the H&R home page!! But at least the O/U exists in the Marlin lineup.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/LCSmithShotguns/LC12OU.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Saloon slug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Eastern NC
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 02:37:03 PM »
Hey Tim never noticed the Survivor before that's to funny. They must have reversed the image.
From the halls of Montezuma

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 03:05:27 PM »
Left handed , too cool , were can i get one .  ;D  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 04:59:07 AM »
Funny, for many, many years it was believed that Billy the Kid was left handed because the only known photo of him shows his pistol on the left hip. There was even a book and movie called "The Left Handed Gun". Finally, some gun buff noticed that the '73 Winchester on which he leans was also left handed! Must have been a custom built gun. ;D
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »
Funny, for many, many years it was believed that Billy the Kid was left handed because the only known photo of him shows his pistol on the left hip. There was even a book and movie called "The Left Handed Gun". Finally, some gun buff noticed that the '73 Winchester on which he leans was also left handed! Must have been a custom built gun. ;D

He probably had them flip the image on purpose, so they would be looking for a lefty, while he shot 'em with the right.  ;D
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »
On the 2007 and 2008 h&r nef catologs the hunter on both covers is carrying an over under shotgun, When was the last time h&r made an over and under? I wouldnt think it would be to hard to give a hunter a topper deluxe and snap a few pics for the cover, just a thought.  ;D

Inrut24/7,

If you have a 2005 Catalog, look on page 6 & 7. The NEW H&R Pinnacle over and under shotguns in 12ga and 20ga. I think they were also in the 2006 catalog too, but I can't seem to find mine, it's not in the file for some reason. :-[

I have never seen one of these H&R Pinnacle's yet to date, another one of there broken promises they put in print. ::) I don't think the right hand ever knew what the left hand was doing, and now with Big Green at the helm both hands will probably just be playing Pocket Pool. :-\

So there was SUPPOSED to be a H&R over and under. I'm sure a few were built for the SHOT and for the Brass at H&R, but that is probably it.

Marlin has the L.C. Smith I think.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member