Author Topic: Snowshoeing Pictures - Dial Up Warning  (Read 471 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Snowshoeing Pictures - Dial Up Warning
« on: March 02, 2008, 02:15:28 PM »
I've had serious cabin fever lately so I took my dog snowshoeing on a local lake where I live in New Hampshire.
The snow was deep so my dog had a rough time going through the snow until she figured out it was easier to walk in my
tracks.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline gdolby

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Snowshoeing Pictures - Dial Up Warning
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »
Good day Sir, beautiful country. Where were they taken? What elevation were you at? Thank you for sharing the pics................Bill

Offline thumbcocker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »
Nice country. Is your dog a corgi?

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 12:59:07 AM »
Yes, she's about 1 1/2 years old. Lots of energy but not the best snow dog with those small legs.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:28:26 AM »
TM7,

You're right, that is Mt. Chocorua. The first one is Mt. Passaconaway.
Right right about the real winter, too. We've been getting pounded with snow this year.
We're approaching the all time record for snowfall set in 1873. We only need about 10 more inches of snow to beat it.

So much for global warming!

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 04:53:25 AM »
You'll definitely enjoy Passaconaway, if you start early enough you can do Whiteface too, just follow the ridge line over to it. There's a few different trailheads to get there. You can start on the Kancamagus highway or you can also take route 113A in Tamworth to Wonalancet and there's a bunch of trailheads there to different areas.

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 05:06:36 AM »
It looks like you had a great outing.  My mother-in-law had a corgi which we babysat for it's last 5 years when she went into the nursing home.  He was about 14yo when he passed away.  Great little dog.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 11:21:43 AM »
I had a Corgi growing up which is why I wanted another one. They're very intelligent small dogs.
She is a great pet for my kids. She is by no means a hunting dog but is great in the woods and will
hike with me all day long and always stays within sight of me.