Author Topic: Simmons Customer Service Sucks  (Read 622 times)

Offline jfrank

• Trade Count: (0)
Simmons Customer Service Sucks
« on: March 04, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
i bought a master series scope 3-4 months ago.
after 2 months of owning it i noticed the cross hairs were floating when you adjusted the focus.
i called customer service and since i didn't have my sales receipt i will basically have to purchase another scope,
because they said they didn't repair them.
I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER P.O.S. SCOPES WITH SIMMONS WRITTEN ON IT.

Offline victorcharlie

Re: Simmons Customer Service stinks
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:16:36 PM »
ahh....okay......and what were you expecting? ???

I most always suggest a Leupold......for just exactly this reason.......

You want the best customer service in the business then buy Leupold.......yea....it cost more....but not in the long run.......

Quite honestly, I'm surprised Simmons customer service bothered to answered the phone........Did they speak english?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline IRA51

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 02:10:31 PM »
you can get great customer service from most manufactures , Bushnell,Zeiss,Nikon and on and on without getting the high margins and price fixing of Leupold. I myself have found Ford customer service to be a joke I had to make them buy back my 2004 F250 super duty 4x4 crew cab 6.0 Power joke Diesel that kept leaveing me stranded .

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 02:13:30 PM »
I've heard a lot of this lately from Simmons.  It made me pass on a Weaver that I wanted about three weeks ago.  A lifetime waranty should be lifetime no matter what the item cost or who owns it.  Many companies just want to advertise lifetime warranty as it is the expectation on most scopes.  Sadly only a few makes are really lifetime.  Bushnell will do the same thing if it is a model they don't sell anymore.  

Offline jfrank

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 03:57:35 PM »
Vic
you're right it was some type of English, but not very good.
i also agree with you on the Leupold, but this wasn't for one of my main rifles. (i can't buy that many Leupold scopes.)
i've had some good results out of some of the simmons i had purchased years ago, so i decided to give it another shot with this one.
NEVER AGAIN..

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »
I have owned 6 Simmons scopes, use them on my low-kicking rifles like the rimfires, never had a problem.  I do use Nikons on my hard kicking guns though, I had one of the low end Simmon 3 X 9 scopes on my 30-06 and my pellet rifle for 8 years before it died.  Not bad for a $60.00 scope though.

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
I am not surprised with Simmons customer service results.

I have Leupold, Herters, Weaver, Valor and Bushnell rifle scopes.  Leupold, Weaver, Thompson Center pistol scopes.  BSA air rifle scope. 

I have made it a point to only buy Leupold scopes from now on.  Leupold scopes can be bought for great prices new and used if you shop around.  The main reason to buy a used Leupold is they will fix it or replace it for free no questions asked.  Their customer service is completely untouchable by other scope manufactures.

yooper77

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »
While I consider Simmons to be trash and generally just toss them if one is on a rifle I buy I was under the impression that all you had to do with one was return it to any Simmons stocking dealer for a replacement. Has that changed?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DLH

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »
Yep things sure have changed!!

I HAD 8 Simmons scope, I have had a few that broke, and just sent them back with $7.00 and a short note of what happened.
 The last time I had to call to get the address and the guy told me their policy had changed! now I had to have the orignal recipt??
  The scope was 4 years old!! He said not to send it back with out it?

In my safes at the time were 8 simmons scopes, now there are none!!!  Leupold has all my busness. They still have customer service.  I will never buy another simmons, tasco,weaver scope.  Word to the wise; if the customer service is laking, then they are hiding something!!! >:( >:(
Live every day like it was your last, cause someday it will be!!!