Author Topic: Should be fun  (Read 427 times)

Offline Inrut24/7

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Should be fun
« on: March 08, 2008, 07:56:47 AM »
I just mailed in my membership application for south fork rifle club in beaverdale pa, about 45 mins from my house. They have a 500 meter range. My current sportsmens club only has a 200 yard range.  If they accept me in the club i plan on dialing my scopes in and click for yardages out to 500 yards, instead of using the  "hold over" method that i used in the past. It should be a good time pushing the limites of the handi rifle, And instead of going for big numbers of groundhog kills this year im going to set up for long shots.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Should be fun
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 08:00:22 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun, range reports manditory, or course!! ;D

Good luck to ya on acceptance.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Our club has a 300 yard target range. I will definitely be lobbing some 500 gr'ers on it as soon as this snow goes.

Mc

Offline NAM70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »
Oh how I wish I could shoot at those distances again. For putting rounds on paper I can only get 200 yds around here and its getting harder to find places to do that. Anyhow have fun!

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »
I just mailed in my membership application for south fork rifle club in beaverdale pa, about 45 mins from my house. They have a 500 meter range. My current sportsmens club only has a 200 yard range.  If they accept me in the club i plan on dialing my scopes in and click for yardages out to 500 yards, instead of using the  "hold over" method that i used in the past. It should be a good time pushing the limites of the handi rifle, And instead of going for big numbers of groundhog kills this year im going to set up for long shots.

that my favorite thing to do with my handi's . one groundhog at 600 yards is ten times funner the two at 300 yards.

what set up do you plan on using (rifle/glass) ?? do you handload?? if you got any questions, this is what i do for a living, let me have it.

welcome to the world of long range hunting , hints: get a lot of range time , take notes at the range and set a goal for yourself, this year make the 500 yard club!!!!!!!!!!!!
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline 95Road King

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »
You'll love that club!! I live 2 hrs. from there but my buddy's and me have been shooting there long range Ground Hog matches for the past 3-4 yrs. I use a factory 22-250 Savage in the Varmit class. Done pretty good a few times. Even got a 1st few yrs. ago. 500 yds. is a poke!!!