Author Topic: Do any u AR shooters Know?  (Read 590 times)

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Do any u AR shooters Know?
« on: March 08, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »
I was wondering if any of u Ar-15 shooters know where i could get a cap to cover my threads on the end of my barrel? took the muzzle brake off and would like to find a cover that screws on and is the same diameter as my barrel  and looks like the barrel ,dont want to cut the threads off and recrown might want to put brake back on some day thanks. the reason i took it off because i use this rifle for target shooting  off a bench and  dont want the muzzle blast
1 shot 1 kill

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Do any u AR shooters Know?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
A muzzle brake(?) or flash suppressor? Removal of the flash suppressor should not make any real difference in muzzle blast. Try  one of the vendors on ar15 dot com. From the bench you should be wearing ear protection anyway I should think.

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »
Yes a muzzle brake of flash suppresor  makes the muzzle report louder, because it goes up and out to the side a to strait out the front of the barrel
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:52:09 AM »
Check Brownells, if anyone has they they will.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline AAA-0

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:06:16 PM »
If you can't find one anywhere else, try Tactical Solutions.  I have one of their 22 barrels for a Browning Buck Mark.  The thread protector for that barrel is the right threads but is a about 1/8th in too big around and about 1/8th in too short to go to the end of the barrel.  Other than that it covers the threads well.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people;
it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government --
lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. "
--Patrick Henry