Author Topic: 32 H&R mag bullet mold  (Read 2476 times)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
32 H&R mag bullet mold
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:27:04 AM »
Somehow I've come into possession of several 32 H&Rmag revolvers. I would like to develop a cast bullet load to use in all of them. Can't decide which mold to buy. Also if I should buy GC or PB.

Any suggestions. What works best for you. Thanks, Byron
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: 32 H&R mag bullet mold
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 06:43:58 AM »
the rcbs 98 swc is a real good mold thats reasonably priced. Most of the other bullets i shoot in 32s are  out of ballisticast or lbt molds and there a bit more expensive. the bc 105 swc and the 115 swcgc are great bullets as is the lbt 120 rfgc (Lfn)
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:23:34 AM »
The ONLY cast bullet I've used so far in the .32 Mag is the old now discontinued Lyman 311316 (I think that's the correct number). It's a gas checked mould that drops them around 110 grains from my alloy. I love that mould and would love to locate another in good shape. Mine got rusted badly a long time ago when I left it in the basement reloading room in a house with major water problems when it rained. I managed to ruin a bunch of stuff while living there.

I have some bullets Lloyd cast up for me that I'll be trying when warm weather returns and my right eye is back to normal. What I'll end up using I dunno but if I had a good set of blocks for that old mould I have used I'd sure be happy to use nothing else. I really do like that RCBS bullet for looks.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 02:10:08 AM »
I use the RCBS if I want a light bullet, the Lyman #311008 for a heavy. Both work great, but be careful you can pressure up quick with that 115gr. one. Since the 32 H&R doesn't shoot very fast I've never seen the need for a gascheck design.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Larry Gibson

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »
The ONLY cast bullet I've used so far in the .32 Mag is the old now discontinued Lyman 311316 (I think that's the correct number). It's a gas checked mould that drops them around 110 grains from my alloy. I love that mould and would love to locate another in good shape. Mine got rusted badly a long time ago when I left it in the basement reloading room in a house with major water problems when it rained. I managed to ruin a bunch of stuff while living there.

I have some bullets Lloyd cast up for me that I'll be trying when warm weather returns and my right eye is back to normal. What I'll end up using I dunno but if I had a good set of blocks for that old mould I have used I'd sure be happy to use nothing else. I really do like that RCBS bullet for looks.

Graybeard

I've got the 311316 mould also. Its the GC'd version of the 31118 32-20 bullet.  Is an excellent bullet in the .32 H&R but Lyman's original design for the .32 H&R was 313631 which is a GC'd 105 gr SWC. It is truely a great bullet in the .32 H&R, the 32-20 and the .30 Carbine.  The PB bullet I use in the .32 S&WL and the .32 H&R is the Lee TL314-90-SWC.  I've a 6 cavity mould and it really churns them out. Over 3 gr of Bullseye the 90 gr SWC runs 1005 fps out of my 6 1/2" Ruger SS (original run). It is a nice general purpose load.

Larry Gibson

Offline shooter6br

• "Keep up the good fight"God bless America
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 04:20:56 AM »
I use the Lee 90 grain SWC in my SP 101 in 32 Mag. Seems like a nice general purpose bullet. I also use the Lee 93 grain RN  but prefer the SWC. With Lee molds you an experiment without the high cost  Rick  " Becareful to aim and aim to be careful" ;D

Offline frank405

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 04:34:26 AM »
I have shot the Lyman 3118 since the guns came out and the Saeco 322 with 8.5 grains of WC 820. Can't tell the difference, both are very accurate.

Offline Lone Star

• Reformed Gunwriter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 03:51:34 AM »
It's the RCBS 98-SWC for me too.  In my 4" SP101 they shoot very accurately over a healthy charge of AA-7, with minimal leading using the old LBT "Magnum" lube.