Author Topic: Holster for Kel Tec PF9  (Read 31666 times)

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
Holster for Kel Tec PF9
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »
Anyone have any good recommendations for a holster for my new Kel Tec PF9?  I don't think there are many out yet made specifically for this gun.  I've bought from Desantis Holster before and really like they're products.  They are making a few for the PF9 but none that I really like yet.  Fobus makes an excellent paddle holster for the P3AT but they don't have one yet for the PF9.  I'm looking for either a nice little paddle holster like this one or a good IWB holster...preferably molded.  Just wondering what some of the other PF9 owners are using.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
Re: Holster for Kel Tec PF9
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
I am using a iwb,Uncle Mikes number (I forgot) or the DeSantis pocket holster,     Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline bighemidaddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:40:37 PM »
get a pocket holster

bighemidaddy

Offline XD9

• Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:06:03 AM »
I don't like pocket holsters.  The PF9 is a small gun but it still doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket.  Of course, I don't like having anything in my pockets...I empty them as soon as I get home.  ;D
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline Glockman

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 05:05:20 AM »
For any Kel Tec pistol check the holsters offered by www.jsholsters.com   This is a small custom shop and if you are not happy with their product they will cheerfully give you all of your money back.    You can't lose on a deal like that.  They also do great work on holsters for all sizes of Glocks

Offline LHitchcox

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 11:15:04 AM »
Last weekend I went to a gunshow looking for for same.  I bought a Don Hume #40fs belt slide holster. It fits really well. It is designed for the Kel-Tec 11, S&W Sigma 380, and Kahr 9. My price was $27.

Leon

Offline Hodr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
  • Blinded by law
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 04:58:26 PM »
I had diabetes and quit carrying anything in my pants pockets because of leg pain.  After surgery I could no longer handle my 65-5 Smith.  I bought a kel-tec p11 and thought long and hard about how to carry.  I wanted weight off my legs and waist but did not want something that shouted "he's got a gun!!!!"  I bought a levi trucker jacket one size too big, had the sleeves removed, and dropped the p11 into an Uncle Mikes pocket holster in the inside pocket of my new made vest.  All weight was transfered to my shoulders and I wasn't tempted to take it off and possibly leave it behind like a fanny pack or pouch.  I am retired and wear casual clothes most of the time, no print through and it looks so good my wife had me make up two more, one stone washed and one black.  I leave it unbuttoned in the summer, through a jacket over it in the winter.  More than one guy has asked me where I found the Levi vest never knowing it was my holster.
TANSTAAFL

Offline Savage

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »
The Don Hume #10 for the Officer's mdl 1911 fits great. Nice little leather IWB holster, and inexpensive.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline phatgemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
Fobus now has the paddle for the pf9. very nice!!

Offline funshooter2

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 04:41:08 PM »
I like the inside pocket carry in either a vest or my motorcycle jacket. I also like the KT belt clip for IWB or inside pocket. Keeps it very handy.

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 05:35:55 PM »
I love the Crossbreed holsters.  The one for the PF9 is great.     I have an XD that I have a crossbreed holster for and it is great too.  Most comfortable holsters I have ever used and I have carried CCW for many years.

Offline JD HHI 6092®

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
I carry mine in a Grandfather Oak Hidden Companion IWB holster.  Very comfortable and well made.

http://www.grandfatheroak.com/index.html

The only thing you should feel when shooting insurgents is recoil.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
Blade Tech now has holsters for the Kel-tec.  They list them for the P11 but the slide and trigger guard is the same so they will interchange.  They list their excellent UCH (tuckable) for it and the IWB also.  I have a couple of Blade Tech holsters and love them.  Being molded plastic, they hold their shape for re-holstering, and are flat and thin and won't sweat through to ruin your gun.  What more could you ask?  44 Man

I have a PF9 on the way and will have a Blade-Tech for it next.
Here's my UCH for the Lt wt. S&W next to it.  As I said, I love that holster!
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline LWbassmaster

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 02:44:10 AM »
I have two holsters I us for my PF-9. One is a Desantis IWB that carrys an extra clip. Very comfortable. The other a Galco stinger which was purchased through Crimson Trace web sight. It is a belt holster that fits the crimson trace laser sight on my gun. If you have not considered a laser sight I can tell you I love mine. If you do consider a laser purchae do yourself a favor, don't buy it from the Crimson trace web site. I saved about $40 from surfing the web. Good luck in your search.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 01:43:17 PM »
I just bought a new PF9 today. Here's the holster I bought for it for only $20. The cool thing about it is that your pistol can fit in it with the grip facing either direction for a regular or a cross draw. It can be worn inside or outside your pants, and the realy unique thing is, any hand gun you can name, regardless of size, semi auto or revolver, they all will fit in this one holster and the guy demonstrated so with a wide varity of hanguns, both semi autos and revolvers. It's made by Holster Kings and at the gun show, where I bought it, they were selling as fast as the guy could collect peoples money. He easily sold over 40 in less than an hour.

Here's my PF9 in it;

Offline jeff1hd

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 02:11:06 AM »
I bought dad a Cross Breed mini tuck for his fits great and very comfortable.

Offline Camper65

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
  I discovered that the DeSantis "Thumb Break Mini-Slide" designed for the Colt "Defender" fits just beautifully!  It also is available without the thumb break.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
I also like the Fobus Evolution II Tactical Holsters. They have a screw that allows you to adjust the tension holding the pistol in the holster.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »
Here's a molded leather holster my son bought me for my birthday. It's pretty comfy to wear and easily concealable with my PF9 in it. Its a Bulldog. I think he said they are just $16. Heavy molded leather and well worth the price and then some.

It comes in brown too.

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 05:55:40 AM »
  I like the Uncle Mike's "chicken skin" pocket holsters for small guns. I went to get one for my KelTec PF9 and I can't tell which number to get! The #3 says it fits the Sigma, but is really for snubbies, and the #2 looks too small. I couldn't try the pistol in it in the store. Any idea which one of these Uncle Mike's will be the right one? I like the "chicken skin" as it still doesn't print in my pants, but doesn't wear a hole in my pocket liner like leather or harder plastic. Any help appreciated.
  I just got a IMB holster for the PF9 from JSholsters, been using them for years with 1911's and Glocks, I really like them. Sometimes I need to pocket a pistol however, either in dress pants or jacket pocket.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 06:39:39 AM »
  I like the Uncle Mike's "chicken skin" pocket holsters for small guns. I went to get one for my KelTec PF9 and I can't tell which number to get! The #3 says it fits the Sigma, but is really for snubbies, and the #2 looks too small. I couldn't try the pistol in it in the store. Any idea which one of these Uncle Mike's will be the right one? I like the "chicken skin" as it still doesn't print in my pants, but doesn't wear a hole in my pocket liner like leather or harder plastic. Any help appreciated.
  I just got a IMB holster for the PF9 from JSholsters, been using them for years with 1911's and Glocks, I really like them. Sometimes I need to pocket a pistol however, either in dress pants or jacket pocket.

Not exactly what you're asking for but you might give one of these a try. I use it with my  P-32 and sometimes with my PF-9. It's my P-32 in the pic. It's a Blackhawk #3 pocket holster. Judging by it I'd say the #3 is the one you'd want.

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
 So your PF9 doesn't rock back & forth in that #3? It looks very similar to the Uncle Mike's #3, Thanks, I'll have another look at it. BTW, this new PF9 looks like it has better upgrades to it than my first one of about 2yrs ago ( I traded it for a 308 pump rifle to a fellow, found out how much I missed having one around!) This one is over at my smith's for a buff n puff, which I have done on every small pistol I carry. This one has bteer sights, better edges on the slide, and a very smooth trigger. What I like most about the PF9 is I can hit with it out to 25yds very easy, and up closer, I can "finesse" a shot. Dandy little woods bumming/carry gun. I carry the Corbon 115 DPX rounds exclusively in it. Blaser hardball is fine for practise for me. Thanks again.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 08:34:52 AM »
So your PF9 doesn't rock back & forth in that #3? It looks very similar to the Uncle Mike's #3, Thanks, I'll have another look at it. BTW, this new PF9 looks like it has better upgrades to it than my first one of about 2yrs ago ( I traded it for a 308 pump rifle to a fellow, found out how much I missed having one around!) This one is over at my smith's for a buff n puff, which I have done on every small pistol I carry. This one has bteer sights, better edges on the slide, and a very smooth trigger. What I like most about the PF9 is I can hit with it out to 25yds very easy, and up closer, I can "finesse" a shot. Dandy little woods bumming/carry gun. I carry the Corbon 115 DPX rounds exclusively in it. Blaser hardball is fine for practise for me. Thanks again.

Nope, it don't rock back and forth at all. Fits like a glove, snug but not tight. Draws very smoothly. Even the smaller P-32 fits quite snug with no rocking. I too find my PF-9, and my P-32, very accurate for having such short barrels. I flat love them. :)

Here's a pic of my PF-9 in it.

Offline The Pistoleer

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »
My problem is that my PF-9 is equipped with a CT Laserguard, which is just in front of the trigger guard.  I have been trying to find a holster that really fits.  I have a belt slide much like one that Spirit Hawk has shown. It woks fine behind the hip but if I use it for appendix carry it pushes up when I sit down.  I would like  one with a thumb brake or covers the muzzle to keep that from happening.

Pete
Pete

NRA Endowment Life

Be Safe,Have fun

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
My problem is that my PF-9 is equipped with a CT Laserguard, which is just in front of the trigger guard.  I have been trying to find a holster that really fits.  I have a belt slide much like one that Spirit Hawk has shown. It woks fine behind the hip but if I use it for appendix carry it pushes up when I sit down.  I would like  one with a thumb brake or covers the muzzle to keep that from happening.

Pete

I've seen such holsters advertised. They're out there ya just have to shop around a bit. I run accross one I'll post it for ya.