Author Topic: sportster 22 wmr range report.  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Inrut24/7

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
sportster 22 wmr range report.
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:56:55 AM »
My new Sportster came in this week and i picked it up last night along with a box of remington 33 grain v-max and a box of cci 40 grain hollow points. I had ordered in 3 boxes of the new hornady 30 grain v-max, but they forgot they ordered it for me and sold all three box's to somone else an hour before was there.. I also got the weaver base and some millet rings, I mounted a barska 3-12x50 that i had laying around. I went to the range this moring and sighted it in at 50 yards with the 40 grain cci loads, I moved to the 100 yard range and put a few targets out, shot a 5 shot group with the cci 40s that was terrible .  I was doubting the gun a little untill I tried a 5 shot group with the 33 grain v-max. and all i can say is wow!!! this gun in a keeper for sure, I then shot a 3 shot group at 150 yards and was very happy to see the group was still very tight.  heres the targets. 

33 grain v-max, 100 yards, 5 shot group

33 grain v-max ,3 shot group, 150 yards.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: sportster 22 wmr range report.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »
That's great shooting, congratulations!!! Don't you just love these little .22 Mags...Mine will not shoot the 33 grainers worth a hoot, but the 40 grainers look like your good groups, each gun is it's own entity....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Re: sportster 22 wmr range report.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »
Very nice group. 

As with MSP Ret., mine also does better with the 40 grain rounds. 

Rim-fires are great.  I rarely go to the range without one. 

;)